“Absolutely superb - lovely in every way... we'll be back”
Review of Alpine Hideaway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Steeles Tavern
Alpine Hideaway
Oakton, Virginia
“Absolutely superb - lovely in every way... we'll be back”
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Romantic hideaway - getaway. peaceful, serene, clean, terrific setting. everything we needed for a relaxing time together.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We stayed at the Pond View cottage for our honeymoon. We were blown away by the excellent service and amenities provided. The breakfast, with the warm muffins, was a dream. We loved staying and did not want to leave! The pond in the morning was gorgeous. We listened to the birds and frogs. We even go to see a family of four deer in the fields. We had an amazing time and loved every second. Thank you for sharing your slice of heaven. Jeff and Angela Swails

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I really had enjoyed my stay here.

But, I got the wrong impression that the robes for the Honeymoon package were complimentary, my mistake, but there is no way they were worth $200. That is what I was charged after I misplaced them. We went from VA, to IN, back to NY (where we live) and between all the loading and unloading wedding gifts and stuff we bought from the area, I couldn't find them.

It was my fault, but I will say it could have been more clear that these robes were not suppose to leave, I mean everything else there was labeled on where to be put, what should be used and how, etc. But, that wasn't clear and again, I find it hard to believe those thin, un-embroidered robes were worth $100 a piece.

That whole situation put a damper on an otherwise enjoyable stay. Everything else was rather nice, but I don't see myself returning to Alpine Hideaways. However, my wife and I LOVED the area and plan to go again, but we will take a chance somewhere else with hopefully a better value.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Tinley Park, Illinois
Reviewed 2 June 2010

We stayed here 3 nights on our honeymoon and it was perfect. The secluded cabin is a perfect romantic getaway you feel like you are alone in nature. The amenities are top notch here including the hot tub on the back porch. A fully stocked kitchen and gas grill is great for sharing quaint dinners watching the sunset or preparing bed and breakfast. It's a wonderful area to spend time during the day on scenic drives through the Blue Ridge Parkway and Shanandoah, we were there in the summer, but I hope to go back in the Fall someday to see the foilage.

Virginia
Reviewed 9 April 2010

We have been traveling to Alpine Hideway for many years now to celebrate our Anniversary. We so enjoy our visit there. It is truly a slice of heaven. The cabin's are beautiful and very well maintained.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Attention to detail is great. The cabin offered a peaceful, beautiful atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed 26 March 2010

My husband and I spent our long weekend honeymoon at Pond View Cottage. It was truly wonderful. The cottage is cozy, warm, and clean and the hot tub on the secluded back deck was a dream. We really appreciated arriving to a pre-stacked fire in the fireplace just waiting to be lit, with plenty of firewood outside the front door to hold us through our stay. The cottage was well-appointed and it was nice to find little notes and helpful instructions on usage of the hot tub, fireplace, jacuzzi, etc.

We did a lovely winery/brewery tour one day and had made relaxing spa appointments for another. This cottage is in a great location to base day-trip travel/exploration from, and it was so great to come back each night to the hot tub and fireplace.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
#1 of 6 in Waynesboro
Cabin Creekwood
Cabin Creekwood
#1 of 2 in Lyndhurst

Been to Alpine Hideaway? Share your experiences!