“Usually Don't Do Buffets”
Review of Butcher Block Buffet - CLOSED

Butcher Block Buffet
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Normally I do not eat buffets but I was tired and this location was a 1 minute walk from my hotel. A senior discount is offered. I was pleasantly surprised at the buffet. Many, many items to choose from. Large salad bar filled with fresh items. Large selection of main dishes and a separate carving area. I had a tenderloin, cooked medium that was tender and very tasty. Two of my favorite deserts, hot cherry cobbler and bread pudding were delicious.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This buffet is one of the best that I have visited. There is a carving station, which had ham and brisket on it when we visited. There is a salad bar, southern cooking bar, smokehouse bar and dessert bar. All of the food was great! This is definitely an upscale type of buffet. Comfortable, casual atmosphere, but more expensive food than you see at many buffets. However, it only cost $11.49 per person for dinner!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

If you like southern cooking this place is for you. Mind you, it's not for everyone. It's not fine dining, just good homestyle cooking. Fried chicken, chicken fried pork chops, chicken livers, carving stations, salads, desserts, plenty of choices. The price is right, too. Service with a smile.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This is a place we stop when we come up from Florida always lots of great food good prices and excellent service you will not leave here hungry

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This place had good reviews so we gave it a try just for the variety. Well it was Friday night and apparently that is seafood night, which is fine as I like seafood. Price was about 7 dollars higher than normal and if you wanted crab legs, it jumped to 42.99. The peel and eat shrimp was good, but that was about it. The vegetables weren't great, mac and cheese was dry and the rest of the seafood (fried oysters, clams, frog legs and scallops) was fishy tasting. Which let me believe, not very fresh and overcooked. The prime rib was dry and tough. Desserts were well picked through and not refreshed since we got there an hour before closing, which was 9 PM on a Friday night!!! Who closes that early on Friday? Service was excellent though which is why I gave this place an average rating. We will not be going again.