“What a spread!!!”
Review of Butcher Block Buffet - CLOSED

Butcher Block Buffet
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“What a spread!!!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I happened upon the Butcher Block Buffet, via way of the Comfort Inn across the parking lot. As a guest of the Comfort Inn, I was informed I would receive a 10% discount by presenting my room card to the cashier. I arrived in time for dinner around 6 pm, and the place was jumping!! After being seated, I was taken care of the rest of my time there by a very attractive young lady, who said she had been working there for the past 6 years ever since the place was open for business! There were at least 5 serving lines to choose from all of them were very busy. After making my main dinner selections I returned to my seat with a fresh glass of ice tea, and dove right in!! The food was excellent and so of course was the service. If traveling on I-85 near Stephens City, Va. you must pull into the Butcher Block Buffet, yum!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Turp4gold

Edinburg, Virginia
“Last visit here”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I've been here several times over the years but it's been a couple years at least. I don't particularly care for buffets anymore but decided to treat myself when I was working in Winchester. It was after lunch but since it was a Sunday it was still busy which should mean turnover of food meaning fresher food. I paid $14.00 for this food and it wasn't worth $4. The server was nice and kept the iced tea coming. The bread they brought out was dry and not at all good. I picked some meat items to include a Medium Rare cut of beef. Or so the sign says. It was WELL done. I showed the server and she left to pick up a medium rare piece as the sign shows. This one was just as overcooked so I told her to not bother. Much of the food was just tasteless and was not enjoyable at all. I figured the dessert had to be better but WRONG. The pecan pie didn't even resemble pecan pie and was just horrible. Most everything in here was bad. I did pick up two hush puppies and could have used them as baseballs. Never again. Management, your place sucks.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Bigfoot424
Baltimore, Maryland
“One of the Best Buffets Around”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stop in with several friends while out riding through Virginia. I always check out Tripadvisor and this place looked good. Staff was friendly and courteous and the place was clean. Food was very good and prepared well. The fried chicken was terrific. Collard greens were a little bland but other than that everything was good. Highly recommend for someplace fast to eat thats not fast food. Will stop in again if in area.

Grafton
“Usually Don't Do Buffets”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Normally I do not eat buffets but I was tired and this location was a 1 minute walk from my hotel. A senior discount is offered. I was pleasantly surprised at the buffet. Many, many items to choose from. Large salad bar filled with fresh items. Large selection of main dishes and a separate carving area. I had a tenderloin, cooked medium that was tender and very tasty. Two of my favorite deserts, hot cherry cobbler and bread pudding were delicious.

Virginia
“Awesome Buffet!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This buffet is one of the best that I have visited. There is a carving station, which had ham and brisket on it when we visited. There is a salad bar, southern cooking bar, smokehouse bar and dessert bar. All of the food was great! This is definitely an upscale type of buffet. Comfortable, casual atmosphere, but more expensive food than you see at many buffets. However, it only cost $11.49 per person for dinner!