“Will Go Back Again and Again and Again”

Holiday Inn Express Winchester South
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stephens City
Schenectady
“Will Go Back Again and Again and Again”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Recent rennovations evident. VERY helpful staff. We stayed there three times in a two week period because it was so good. Very convenient to interstate. Two very good restaurants less than 1/2 mile away- Roma-an Italian/Greek place and Del Rio- mexican. Both have great food, abundant portions and attentive service. Breakfast at this hotel is much better than usual. Machine made pancakes actually have taste. Must try hot cinnamon rolls. They even provide boxes because they expect you to take rolls with you. One of best values for your money I've come across and I travel a good deal.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Churchville, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I do not travel a lot but i have learned the hard way it is best to pay for quality when it comes to a place to stay since you will spend at least 8 hrs there. You need to feel comfortable with the cleanliness of a place to rest well. The desk clerk asked me a few questions on what i preferred in a room and bed, she then started the check in process and let me unload my motorcycle. The room was clean and the A/C cooled it quickly. There was enough bath towel and other products good for one person. The breakfast they had was a very good selection. The only thing that was a bit disappointing was the ice machine. I am not clear if there is one on the first, there is one on the second floor but was not working and i would have to go to the third floor to get ice. I

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I've stayed here for at least four days a week for the past 2 months and have never had a bad experience. The staff are very friendly and always more than accommodating. The breakfast is the best hotel breakfast I've ever had. Especially the cinnamon rolls... AMAZING. The AC has never had an issue, it cools the room fairly quickly upon check-in, the fridge is sometimes a little tricky, level 5 is about where you want to keep it in order to prevent the fridge from freezing what you're keeping in it. I will always stay at this HIE anytime I'm in the area.

Room Tip: The front desk staff always insure top notch service and are more than happy to switch your room if...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was not able to arrive at the hotel until almost 1am and checked out at 1pm. Normally they would resell the room after 7pm but a phone call to them to let them know I would be there very late was all it took. Since we didn't get there until very late we didn't get up early and pushed the envelope on check out time of 12 noon. I talked to the maid staff around 11am and their exact reply was "take your time". When checking out I left them a note and a $5 tip on the desk along with the room key cards. The maid made the extra effort and quickly came outside to thank me. The General Manager was working the front desk and I personally saw him doing everything from taking out the trash to washing down the entry way with a hose. He is a very nice and hands on kind of guy and who all about customer satisfaction. From my experience I would go out of my way to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I got lucky and got room 100... 1st room on the 1st floor just outside the lobby.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The Holiday Inn Express in Stephens City was a convenient place to stop on our return trip to New Jersey. The room was large and clean although nothing special, however the breakfast was better than most we encountered on our travels. The variety was surprising and the hot choices were fresh and plentiful. The desk staff were welcoming and friendly. The Italian restaurant around the corner was also surprisingly goog too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winchester South, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear pjrule,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am very happy that you have enjoyed or breakfast selection. However, please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Do not stop at this hotel. It should not be allowed to carry the HI logo. Lobby was nearly empty of furniture, dirty. The first room we were sent to reeked so much of smoke we ran out as soon as the door was opened. We always specify no smoking and it was on the reservation. Got keys to another room. AC never cooled room all nite. The whole hotel is filthy, including the room we ended up with. Not only did we find clothing left in the bathroom but when I opened the drawer under the phone we found empty packages of Chinese sex stimulants. Must have been a real party scene. We would have left if there had been another place to go. In addition, there are only fast food restaurants around and they too are filthy. Skip the entire exit ang keep driving.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lydia L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winchester South, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Lydia L,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. We welcome feedback as it assist us in our never-ending task to better ourselves and improve things for our guests.

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our property. I hope you can believe me when I say that your experience is not the norm in our hotel. I humbly extend an apology for any shortcomings you had in your room and deeply regret the dissatisfaction you had with our level of cleanliness.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tennessee
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stopped in without a reservation while traveling along Hwy 81. The room was beautiful and very spacious. I was a little disappointed with the breakfast only because we'd stayed in another of this hotel chain in another city that had a full breakfast buffet. But this breakfast was adequate, just not spectacular.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 2 in Stephens City
Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows
Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway
Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley

Been to Holiday Inn Express Winchester South? Share your experiences!