I stay at a lot of hotels in a year, most of them being the Holiday Inn chain so I decided I should start to leave my impressions of them.
I'm going to leave out the standard items that should be in all Holiday Inn Expresses and really just focus on where it is lacking.
- The staff are nice
- Large bathroom
- Decently clean
- The internet is brutal. It is so slow and it keeps asking to you to re-login all the time, making using the internet for anything productive impossible. (see attached speed tests) This was not a single day occurrence, its pretty much unusable all week.
- The faucet in the bathroom does not have a smooth flow of water. It comes out all over the place and sprays up onto you. (room 106)
- The breakfast is also bad. The bananas are grey. (How is that even possible?) and the bagels/bread products are all stale. This is one of the worst HIX breakfasts I have seen. (its bad by default, but this is worse.) it also annoys me that they use Styrofoam and packaging for everything. Not really green at all.
- The heater is quite loud. (Unfortunately, this is fairly common at HIX though)
- Minor annoyance is that the TV is 720p, ya its HD but common, a 1080p TV is not much more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Winchester, VA South. Located off interstate 81 in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, the hotel is nestled next to the scenic town of Stephens City, VA. Check out our upgraded guest rooms offering new mattresses, bedding, interior design package, 32 inch flat screen tvs with HD content, upgraded wireless high speed internet, microwaves, and refrigerators. The Holiday Inn Express, Winchester, VA South satisfies the lodging needs for both the business and leisure travelers. Located minutes from Stowe Woodward, Thermo Fisher Scientific, DuPont, Carmeuse Lime and Stone, and Dominion Front Royal Power Plant, the Holiday Inn Express is the hotel for the traveling business professional in need of quick and easy access to Interstate 81 as well as US Route 11 and Route 522. Need to take a break? Settled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains near the entrance of Skyline Drive, start off your morning with our complimentary Express Start hot breakfast and visit Cedar Creek battlefield and enjoy the Civil War heritage of the Shenandoah Valley. Not into history? Take a dip in our outdoor swimming pool or take advantage of one of the five golf courses only minutes from the property. With over 100 attractions near the hotel the Holiday Inn Express Winchester, VA South can become your vacation headquarters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG and Booking.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Winchester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Winchester South Hotel Stephens City
- Holiday Inn Stephens City
- Stephens City Holiday Inn