“A delight across the board”

Holiday Inn Express Winchester South
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stephens City
Grayson, Georgia
“A delight across the board”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We arrived here after a very long day of travel and were very pleased with the quality of this property. The room was very clean, spacious and came with a refridgerator. Our king-sized bed was "just right" for firmness. The shower was wonderful and breakfast was both diverse and delicious with several different sources of protein including two types of sausage and too types of "real" eggs, plus the chain's signature cinnamon rolls. They even had an automated pancake making machine that produced surprisingly tasty pancakes. All in all a great place to stay. It will be on our list for return trips.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back of the property away from I-81 if you want to minimize noise from I-8...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Clifton, NJ, USA
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I thought I reserved a room directly with the hotel for 8/23/14, but when I arrived they did not have my reservation. Chris, at the front desk, was able to find my reservation at another property and found that it had been made through an outside service. He was able to cancel that reservation, and offered me one of the last rooms they had available in Stephens City, Va. It took him some time to assist me in getting a refund from the service, since they had incorrectly booked me at the wrong hotel. He was very good at multi-tasking, assisting other guests at the same time while he was helping me. As for the room, it was the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in! Linens top of the line and a large screen TV. Breakfast was great and all for a reasonable price!! I will definitely stop on my travels in the area again, and I highly recommend this hotel to others traveling north or south on Interstate 81.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We were traveling through and stayed at this hotel for one night. The room was clean and reasonably comfortable. Breakfast was included which is nice when you are on a schedule. No frills stay for a reasonable price.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is a super clean hotel, great amenities, pool right off the lobby, great breakfast and excellent rooms. It's nicely modern, service was super friendly, special thanks to the chamber maids who were cleaning our room when we arrived and we had a great chat with them! If all HI Express properties were like thiamine I'd never stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the hallway...it's farther from the front and away from the interstate.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Summerfield, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We spent last night (8/9/14) in this property in Stephens City,VA. This is the cleanest motel we have ever stayed in. The room was immaculate. The motel itself was clean as a pin. The linens on the beds were top shelf and the duvet was wonderful. A big screen LG television, refrigerator, microwave, hairdryer, etc. Personnel are professional and aim to please. Hot breakfast was more than adequate. Will certainly stay there again. We were impressed. Town of Winchester is just up the road with lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra K
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I booked the room through hotwire when I wanted to visit family in Front Royal, which is about a 15 minute drive from the hotel. I was very pleased with my stay here. It was nothing over-the-top, just a nice, simple hotel with a decent price for the room. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was friendly. My friend and I also enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast they had every morning. I would recommend the hotel to anyone who wants to stay in the area for a few days.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
NC
Reviewed 13 July 2014

As an IHG Rewards ( Priority Club) member I stay in a lot of HI properties.

1. The good -Friendly check-in. Clean. Reasonably quiet. Internet good. TV channels good. Bathroom roomy ( the only thing that is! (LOL). A/C good. Beds of average comfort. Breakfast is fine. Convenient location for me. Micro and fridge in room. No blaring spotlight shining in window ( thanks).

2. Not totally smoke-free. Key word here is SMALL. Small room, small breakfast area, small pool, small workout room, etc...No easy chair in room.

If you just need a place to sleep along I-81, it's a good choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CatawbaCarl
Robert N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winchester South, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate all feedback as we aim to strive for better. We hope to see you in the future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stephens City
Wayside Inn
Wayside Inn
#1 of 3 in Middletown
Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway

Been to Holiday Inn Express Winchester South? Share your experiences!