We were returning from vacation in Vermont and driving all secondary roads to return home to Virginia Beach. We were planning day by day on the return trip. Several hotels were full but we were referred to this hotel. Since Holiday Inn Express has a good reputation and we just stayed in one in NY the night before, we felt comfortable calling for a room. The desk clerk was helpful on the phone with my wife and gave us a room with a retired military discount. We specified non-smoking, king, and gave them our phone #. When we arrived, there were two clerks; they said they tried to call us and let us know they were overbooked, but we could have their last 'smoking' room at the same price. We went with the clerk to look at it. It was clean and acceptable, but we were not offered more discount or air freshener. We used our own freshener and spent the night comfortably, thinking this was just an turn of events. The next morning, we met a lady in the hall that told us the same story about overbooked and getting the last smoking room instead of non-smoking. What a coincidence that there are two 'last' rooms. I wonder how many other people are suckered into filling the smoking rooms to insure a full hotel??? Again, I must say our stay was clean and comfortable, but we were lied to by the staff. Do they think customers are stupid and won't talk to each other?? A diner is next door that is a buffet and has more food than should be legal; and it was good food. We would stay again but we will insure that we tell the clerk that 'bs' will get a complaint lodged with the corporation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Winchester, VA South. Located off interstate 81 in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, the hotel is nestled next to the scenic town of Stephens City, VA. Check out our upgraded guest rooms offering new mattresses, bedding, interior design package, 32 inch flat screen tvs with HD content, upgraded wireless high speed internet, microwaves, and refrigerators. The Holiday Inn Express, Winchester, VA South satisfies the lodging needs for both the business and leisure travelers. Located minutes from Stowe Woodward, Thermo Fisher Scientific, DuPont, Carmeuse Lime and Stone, and Dominion Front Royal Power Plant, the Holiday Inn Express is the hotel for the traveling business professional in need of quick and easy access to Interstate 81 as well as US Route 11 and Route 522. Need to take a break? Settled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains near the entrance of Skyline Drive, start off your morning with our complimentary Express Start hot breakfast and visit Cedar Creek battlefield and enjoy the Civil War heritage of the Shenandoah Valley. Not into history? Take a dip in our outdoor swimming pool or take advantage of one of the five golf courses only minutes from the property. With over 100 attractions near the hotel the Holiday Inn Express Winchester, VA South can become your vacation headquarters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Winchester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Winchester South Hotel Stephens City
- Holiday Inn Stephens City
- Stephens City Holiday Inn