“Bar-B-Que In Stephens City Virginia”
Review of Big Daddys BBQ - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Big Daddys BBQ
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 June 2014

In Stephens City, Virginia we have a great little local Bar-B-Que sandwich shop. Big Daddy's Bar-B-Que is not a full blown restaurant. Big Daddy's was never intended to be a full service restaurant. I have been eating at Big Daddy's 5 to 7 times per year ever since Big Daddy's opened for business. Big Daddy's Bar-B-Que is a great sandwich shop that serves soft drinks and beer along with the Bar-B-Que. Big Daddy's Bar-B-Que gives us an extra choice in addition to all of the big name billion dollar chain sandwich shops located at Exit Number 307 off of Interstate 81 in Virginia.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived at around 7 pm with a friend excited for a BBQ meal. The open sign was lit up and the hours on the door said they were open until 8 pm. There was about 4 tables of guests inside all with food or waiting for food. My friend and i sat down at the counter ready to drink and eat. The server came over and told us they were closing and we would have to leave. I asked her about the hours listed on the door and she stated they were closing early that night due to lack of business. Lack of business? We were prepared to be paying customers! Never again.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were travelling through the area and stopped here based on the high recommendation of my brother. In fact we made this a destination because we really wanted to eat here based on what we had heard. This meal was really a disappointment.
The "experience" began when - who we found out later was the owner - seated us and told us of the beers she was out of. Ok, we ordered a soda and an iced tea. A few minutes later the drinks arrived and we ordered our meals. Me - rib platter; my wife - a two meat platter with pulled pork and brisket. Next, the owner comes out and says that they are out of ribs, with no apology. Really? A bbq joint that is out of ribs? We were really one of two tables in the place and four people at the bar. Ok, change ribs to chicken. Food comes out to the table. Best to worst - brisket was really good. Perhaps the best I've had. Pulled pork was ok. Chicken was ok except the dark meat was so dry. One really high point was the deep fried Oreos. They are "that good"!
During the meal we could not help but hear the conversation between the owner and another customer who I have to believe she knew. During the conversation which was mostly complaining loudly about many things and many people, the owner made the comment that she looked forward to days off when she did not have to deal with customers! It was depressing to sit and listen to this. And her interactions with us made us feel like we were an imposition.
My summary boils down to this - as we drove out of the parking lot I was angry that we had made the effort to get there, and we had spent our hard earned money on this meal.
I'm sorry. Can't recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank InSearchofQ
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and 3 month old (yes we are brave) stopped here after a nice saturday in Sherando park. I ordered the chicken pull sandwich and my husband had the "pick two" chicken and pork sandwiches. The BBQ was tender, and there were 3 sauces to pick from to DIY it from there. I like that bc everyone likes their bbq a little different. The fries were PERFECT. Fresh! Best fries I've had in a long while. We were going to come back for the food alone, but then, bonus, the owner talked to us for some time - she is wonderful! She said her brisket is a big seller. The homemade sauces are hard to beat. One of them takes 10+ hrs to cook ! Deserves to be on our restaurant circuit on repeat. Will be back.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife and I decided to stop here for lunch on my day off. Service was okay for us being the only ones in the room. I do tend to agree with certain parts of the other reviews. Attitude could have been better but it is what it is. I sampled many different dishes as to get a good taste of many menu items. The bbq was good maybe a little above average, ribs were okay. One thing I found missing were any types of wipes for your hands or paper towels. This is a BBQ place and when I asked the server (owner) said there is the restroom to wash your hands, I found that bad. I have eaten in many BBQ joints and all have something like wipes to clean your fingers off.