Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Bed bugs. Lots of them. I have pics. If you value your health, stay away. I've enclosed them in this review.

Manager denied they existed when his employee saw them and told him. Would not reimburse me. Offered another room with bed bugs in it as compensation.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Percy K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Percy - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure that this problem does not continue in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided, as it will enable us to continue to improve our hotel.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at DCW@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We were recommend to this hotel a few months back and now every time we need to stay the night in sterling ... this is where we stay. If your looking for luxury, this is not the place, but if your looking for a nice clean place to stay at a reasonable price, look no further.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for making your stay as comfortable as it should be.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Estuve en el Hotel en compañia de mi madre, la atencion en recepcion fue excelent. La ubicacion muy cercana al Aeropuerto. La habitacion muy limpia y tenia todo lo necesario (cocina, refrigeradora, estufa, microonda) que mas puedo pedir!!. Seguramente me quedare con ustedes!
I visited the Hotel in the company of my mother, the personal in front desk was excelent. The location is very close to the airport. The room very clean and had everything we needed (kitchen, refrigerator, stove, microwave) that more can I ask for!!. Surely I'll stay with you!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed only one time at this hotel and I see the hotel is being renovated. rooms are nice, agents are friendly and walkable cheep and convenient restaurants need by. Malik and hotel manager Mr. Bruk helped me to move my staff from first floor to third during renovation process with out hesitation. Thank you all.

Room Tip: All New roos are AWSOME. Everything is new in each room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, especially the service our staff provided. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the rest of the team. It was a true pleasure taking care of you and we would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Surprisingly nice time considering it was a work trip! The staff (especially front desk) were really great. They have a large room with kitchen, fast wifi, free grab-and-go quick breakfast. It's about 5 min driving from Dulles airport. Plenty of parking. I was on the 2th floor and this is clearly a renovated room, clean nice carpet, not dings etc. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Marciobokabe
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our service and the newly refreshed rooms. Also, I am pleased to hear that our staff provided excellent customer service during your stay.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I'm a 50+ female traveling solo. One of the reasons I chose this hotel in the first place is because of the outstanding reviews from guests. I stayed here for 2 months, and my own experience totally lived up to those reviews...It's in a developed suburban area where I felt very safe, and the parking lot is very well lit (almost like daylight!) I was especially appreciative of the friendliness and attentiveness of the hotel staff. Bruk and Malik always made sure that I had everything I needed and that I was happy. If I had a problem like a burned out bulb, their maintenance would be there right away to fix it. When I first arrived, my room was clean and smoke-free. They are working hard to try and make it a smoke-free hotel, and do regular inspections to follow standards. They handle problems courteously, respectfully, promptly, and in a professional manner. Bed was very comfortable, and great shower and faucet pressure. Currently, they are upgrading rooms with fresh paint, carpet, bedding, upholstery, and cabinetry. I do wish there were fitness center as part of the accommodations, and that the high-speed bandwidth I paid $19/mo extra for was better (uploading videos is extremely slow, and viewing music videos on sites like YouTube and Vimeo is choppy at best), but other than that, my experience has been nothing but positive. Overall, the quality and experience was worth the money I paid. I would come back in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel and services. It is so rewarding to hear you liked the friendliness and fast response of our associate when needed.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I mention the cost because I was in need of something very reasonable. This is not the Hilton, but we can't all afford Hilton prices, and frankly, I don't need all the glitter.
Extended Stay America is a modest hotel, but the rooms are nice, very large and absolutely spotless.
I've stayed here on several occasions, and clean is my main priority, and I've never been disappointed.
I've seen some complaints in the reviews regarding the staff, and I realize that some people will never be satisfied, no matter what you do to be accommodating. I've had few issues, but housekeeping resolved each one immediately, thoroughly and with a smile.
The management staff is incredible,,, courteous, professional, truly friendly (no forced smiles),
and anxious to help in any way to make your stay more enjoyable.
Lastly, Bruk, the hotel manager, is just an amazing guy and sincerely strives to make his hotel the best, and his clients happy. I checked in on a Sunday afternoon (check-in time is 3:00)
The Redskins were playing at 1:00. He managed to get me in for kick-off.
Thanks Bruk
They lost,,,, Ugh!!

Room Tip: I haven't had a room that wasn't quiet and nice I don't know about the fitness center...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such rewarding things about the associates and the hotel. I am pleased to read that our staff provided you with exceptional service and that you found your suite to be clean and comfortable.