Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
“Excellent staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was impressed by the politeness of the all the staff here. I have travelled quite a lot and to many nice hotels and many would fall short compared to them. I definitely recommend this place, best bang for your buck!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank David M. G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

A great location near Dulles Airport. Pleasant surroundings, nice beds, a wonderful caring staff and a very good breakfast. The park and fly program is excellent, but it is also good just for a casual one night stay

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We had to wait for our flight on the next day and this hotel was the only one with rooms available. We were expecting a quality way below the Sheraton or the Hilton that are close-by (if I am not mistaken). Nevertheless, the service was excellent, the front desk young lady was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast very generous. Rooms are clean and spacious. Very nice surprise!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Roeland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

We spent one night here, awaiting our international flight the next day. All staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. I needed help getting on wi-fi with my new laptop and the front desk staff assisted me. The free breakfast had a good variety and was fresh and well-stocked. Our room was clean with very comfortable beds and linens. When I mentioned that we enjoyed the breakfast, the manager Tina Patel asked me if I had any suggestions as to how they could improve the breakfast even more.

Room Tip: Third floor was great.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Charles Town, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I never stayed in country inns before but my company booked it this time and it was exceptional to the service to the guest room. Breakfast was very good and I like the professionalism of staff. I must say they are very well trained or managed. I had minor issue with using business center computer and someone took care of right away. looks like I would prefer country inns more in future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this Country Inn and Suites for three weeks on a major business trip. The Front Desk Manager was incredibly nice. The Housekeeping Manager was very efficient and friendly. The breakfast services were above average. The only complaint I had was with the GM who AFTER complaining of "fleas" in my room from a prior guest tried to pass it off as a non issue. She DID to her favor eliminate the problem but she inferred that fleas weren't in the room in the first place. I showed her and the Front Desk Manager my flea bitten ankles to prove my point. The Front Desk Manager seemed very remorseful .... the GM didn't. To prove my point of insect infestation, I pointed out the spread of "stink bugs" in the hallway. (that the GM had no clue of). I asked for nothing from the hotel for the problems I went through ..... and NOTHING was offered! I even had to change rooms while my room was exterminated! I am really conflicted about this review. The Front Desk Manager and Housekeeping Manager were one of the best I have encountered in all my years of travel . The GM was one of the worst. I spend about 200 days on the road each year on business. Things happen in hotels... it's the class and finesse in how you handle these problems that truly separate the good hotels from the great.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Kirby B
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Had a great experience from the time I booked our stay. All the staff that we came into contact with did a bang up job. Being that I use to work for a Country Inn & Suites, I have a high standard and the only thing I would fix here is that Housekeeping needs to pay more attention to smaller details in the room. Otherwise the room was nice. Having free parking and a free shuttle use to get to the airport was awesome! We then took the metro into DC and spent the day walking around and visiting the museums. When we called to have the shuttle pick us up that night at the airport, it was there in a timely manner and the lady who drove was a sweetheart!

Room Tip: If you are a bit sensitive to noise, ask for a room to the back of the hotel, to the front is a Burg...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Address: 45620 Falke Plz, Sterling, VA 20166-9479
Region: United States > Virginia > Loudoun County > Sterling
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Business Hotel in Sterling
#5 Family Hotel in Sterling
#5 Romantic Hotel in Sterling
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int`l. Airport Hotel Sterling