“Excellent for Weekend Trip DC Visit”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Germantown, Tennessee
“Excellent for Weekend Trip DC Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We came to DC several times. It was the first time we stayed at this hotel. Because of its low rate, services and convenience, we consider it is the best choice in town.

The hotel doesn't look very impressive, however, it's very nice, clean and quiet. The room is not luxury, but it's very comfortable and sufficient for four people to rest with two queen beds. The rate includes room, WIFI and breakfast.

The hotel is located not far away from Wiehle-Reston East subway station, the newest one on the Grey Line opened in early August 2014. It takes about 10 minutes to drive from the hotel to this station. We parked here for free on the weekend (it's free at all the stations with (P)) and took the subway to Smithsonian for museum visits).

The breakfast is good with various choices of wafer, breads, bagels, muffins, sausages, eggs, ... We enjoyed it.

It's a good place to crash after a long day of walking. We will definitely consider coming back to this hotel in the next DC visit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Tina P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay at Country Inn & Suites Dulles Airport. We hope to see you soon in future.

Have a lovely week.

Elsa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Hotel and rooms were clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Free wifi was excellent to have. My friend refered me to this hotel and it was a good choice. I will definitely be back soon and will spread the word about Country Inn. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank biru b
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey. You are very important to us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Country Inn & Suites Dulles.

Have a wonderful week.

NORFOLK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Significant other and I were visiting friends in Northern Virginia. Chose the hotel because of special rate and it being close to Herndon. Check-in experience was fine and front desk agent was responsive my request (extra towels). The lobby was either new or refreshed as it had a more modern look than previous Country Inns we had visited. We were pleasantly surprised that we were upgraded from a room to a suite. Bed was clean and linens were fresh. However, there were questionable stains on the main room couch and we placed towels on the couch as a precaution. We also had two refrigerators in the room--not because we were special, rather the one located in the hutch was non-functioning. The microwave (also in the hutch) did not function either, and we did not realize it until the next morning. Other than that the room was fine, and the bed very comfortable. I did not use the exercise room, but I think I saw two cardio machines and a multi-use machine. Should be enough for a quick workout but the gym rat will need more.

As for location, it is close to Dulles Airport and right of VA 28, so getting around this part of Northern Virginia (outside of rush hour) should be easy. I personally am a fan of the Wegmans grocery store chain, and there is one two exits to the north off 28.

Breakfast was above average. There were a decent amount of proteins, carbohydrates, juices, coffee, and the ubiquitous waffle maker. This particular day there were egg-discs and diced ham (for making a breakfast sandwich I believe) that I found tasty.

Other negatives: In addition to the microwave and the couch, if you're looking for a pool or whirlpool, you're at the wrong hotel. I in fact cancelled a reservation at another hotel that had a pool for this one. I felt I made the right choice as I didn't have time to use a pool. And upon check out, I mentioned to the front desk about the microwave. "Did you tell anyone about it?" No because I found out an hour before checking out. Besides, am I not telling you about it now?

All being said, the pros certainly outweigh the cons. I would stay here again should I return to Northern Virginia.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the ends will give you access to the stairwell and the side entrances of the hotel...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate it. Your feedback is very important to us. It helps us run our operations smoothly. We hope to see you soon in future.

Have a great week.

Mesa, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We have stayed in many Country Inns over the years. This one was not up to par. The staff was not welcoming or friendly. The sofa bed was in poor repair. The coffee was horrible. I was surprised and disappointed that standards had been lowered. We stayed at two Holiday Inn Express locations and another Country Inn during this trip and Country Inn is no longer our favorite hotel.

1 Thank Marta S
Tina P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate it. I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience you had during your stay. We will take corrective action towards it.

We hope that you will give us another chance and we hope to see you soon in furture.

Have a wonderful day.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Quietness. :-) Highly recommended. We were able to leave our car at the hotel while on vacation and had a free shuttle to the airport. Much cheaper than parking at the airport, that is for sure.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Tina P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your feedback and we are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Have a great week.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Everything was excellent. Kem was a life saver, at the last minute we invited our son's family to make a 150 mile trip to visit us. She got them a room and right across from ours. Great coffee, breakfast. The cookies were great. Kem made our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your feedback. I'm glad Kem was able to take care of your family. I will share this with her.

Have a wonderful week.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

night clerk claimed no penalty fro early checkout. not only was I penalized but they tried to pad the bill, as well! We got in late and were not sure that we would need the extra night. He assured us that there was no penalty for cancelling the second night. The billing person promised to look into it and then call me back., Instead, I just got the full bill - with extras!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank j0esphinec
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. I sincerely apologies for the incovenience you had during your stay. Please forgive us.

I have addressed your concern with our staff.

Again, please forgive us.

Have a wonderful day.

Elsa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Address: 45620 Falke Plz, Sterling, VA 20166-9479
Region: United States > Virginia > Loudoun County > Sterling
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Business Hotel in Sterling
#5 Family Hotel in Sterling
#5 Romantic Hotel in Sterling
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int`l. Airport Hotel Sterling