“Last Stay At a Doubletree”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is the third time in 3 years that I've stayed at a DoubleTree. This is the second time the fire alarm has gone off and we needed to evacuate the hotel. At this one, we got a bonus fire alarm at 1:00 AM because the hotel needed to test the system. Funny that they didn't warn us on the way back into the hotel after the first alarm that they would need to do this as required by law. On checkout I received the "How was your stay question". When I said "Horrible" the response I received was "Oh, sorry." We'll be shopping another brand next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you, Brian H, for your candid remarks about your recent stay. A problem was detected within the fire alarm system causing it to sound. When the fire department arrived to the property, it was they that had reset the panel and then engaged the system to sound once again. The Hotel staff was unaware that this would be required. I sincerely apologize for the disturbance to you. Though the system did just as it was required to do in cases of a fault detection, it never the less caused a great inconvenience, one that I regret. The Desk Staff should have expressed this to you, as well.

Again, my thanks for your candor. I hope that you will consider our DoubleTree location, as well as any others, based on location, value and its commitment to safety.

Yours in Hospitality -

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I travel 45-48 weeks a year. Found this gem 4+ years ago. I stayed every week for 5 months then left to another location across the country. Got another assignment back in D.C. area. Working 1/2 hour away but worth the commute. Out of the 50 + Hilton properties I have stayed at over the past 8 years- this is the best I have found. The staff is outstanding. They definitely go the extra mile to make you feel at home. You will not feel like a customer or guest - you are family. Enjoy your stay

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you so very much, pmkhenry, for your most kind review! You are our family and it is our job to make you feel like you are coming home, each and every time you come to the hotel. You are a road warrior and anything that my Team and I can do to make our guests feel welcomed, you can count on it. It is our pleasure!

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling, week after week!

Yours in Hospitality -

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was required to stay here in March 2014 as part of a group traveling with a youth sports team. Before we checked in, the hotel made me sign a 2-page contract disguised as a 'welcome letter' that gave me the distinct impression they really didn't want our business. I was given a handicapped access room on the 2nd floor (randomly -- I didn't request this.) It had an external doorbell that sets off a very loud buzzer throughout the room. The first 10 minutes I was there, it went off incessantly. When I asked the front desk to disable it or move me, they claimed they had no other rooms with double beds available. Miraculously, when I suggested that I would not pay for my room if they didn't remedy the problem, they found one on the 6th floor (apparently an upgrade, though the rooms were pretty much identical, except for a bathrobe and slippers). My membership in the HHonors program was no help whatsoever. It's a good thing they moved me because other families who remained on the 2nd floor reported finding cockroaches in their rooms. One was moved up to the 6th floor with me. I don't think the others got anything. On the 2nd night of our stay, the fire alarm went off/was pulled around midnight. Some of the people in our group of 18 families were comped a free night for the experience. I wasn't. Apparently to get anything at all, you have to make a stink with the front desk. When you do, they are generally nice about it. Restaurant was just OK and definitely ignore the snack stand by the front desk, which charges $5 for a bag of chips. Our 'welcome letter' informed us that we could not eat food in the lobby or other common areas unless it was purchased there. This rule wasn't enforced, but being required to sign my name to a document agreeing to that was enough to make me think I will stay elsewhere the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Hello Kapsie,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We strive for personalized experience for each of our guests and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to the level of service. Please don't hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to further assist.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed in 3 different hotels in 4 days last week, a Hyatt Regency in DC, this Hilton near DC and A Marriott in Roanoke, VA. I am a Marriot rewards member, so I was apprehensive to stay in a Double Tree. It was the best experience of all three hotels this past week. The room was clean and comfortable and the in-room dining was out of this world! Thank you Double Tree, you have made a convert of me!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hello A7158REamyb

Thanks for the great review! We are so proud when our guests have such an excellent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

This is one of my favorite hotels. I have stayed here multiple times and have never been displeased. Wonderful staff, always clean & comfortable rooms, great bar, good happy hour specials, tasty chicken fingers, and of course, the cookies! Superb Hotel! I highly recommend the Sterling Doubletree.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello SabreJoe,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel just to be closer to my job due to icy conditions. The room was spotless and quiet. The bed was so plush and comfortable that I slept like a baby. The staff was very professional and helpful. Close to a Mall, other shops and restaurants. Shuttle service to Dulles Airport. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank need2vacationnow

Hello Need2vacationnow,

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed at DoubleTree for a volleyball tournament. I would definitely recommend this hotel, the room was very nice, the beds were very comfortable, and the room was very clean, the kids used the pool and had fun! close to a lot of stores and restaurants friendly staff would come back gym nice

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 961nicoler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!