DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsdouble treecookiesexecutive floordulles airportgreat hotelcomfortable bedsfront desk staffwater pressureup to datebreakfast buffetthe entire staffupon checkindoor poolpark and flygreat priceexcellent staywashington dc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We arrived at 2:10 and waited until 3:00 for a pick up. I called three times and was first told that I just missed and would need to wait a half hour. Called after 30 minutes and was told driver needed to get gas. Called after 45 and they offered to call a cab bit assured me they shuttle was coming. Ugh. Totally not worth the savings after a long international flight. Park at Dulles. I saw 3 Holiday inn shuttles while we waited. Maybe that's the way to go.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank WShriver
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

My sincere apologies for the poor transportation services provided to you, WShriver. Though delays can certainly happen based on a variety of conditions, we should have kept you informed, provided you with accurate information and advised you of any delays. We would have gladly paid for taxi services under the circumstances. My greatest regret is that your welcome home was less than satisfactory. Please contact the hotel directly for your next trip so we may show you the great value and service we can and do provide.

We hope for a future opportunity to serve you at the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel makes you feel at home. From the welcome smiles as you check in, to the warm chocolate chip cookies they give you at the beginning of your stay. The rooms are neat and clean like home and the beds are a place you can really relax and rest in, just like home.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We ARE thrilled to be your home away from home, Bruce T! Thank you for your kind words about our services. A perfect score is a reflection of the dedication that the Team has for service excellence. The Cookie is just one way we show you, our Guest, how much we appreciate you and your choice to stay with us.

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport. Enjoy wonderful summer travels.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I went to stay the one night and was going to move on but I was very happy and liked the hotel I ended up staying 2 nights. The check in was very easy and young lady said she was only in the US for 2 months and was here to learn more about the hotel company. all the rest of the staff was great cause I never saw them and the room was done and clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are so glad, fg2558, that you found our rooms, service and cleanliness to be so very good. We are proud of our services and are pleased that our staff made your stay enjoyable, seen or not! We hope that you return to our location in the future and stay for a day, or two, or more!

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

when I booked the room I was given the chance to upgrade if available. The upgrade included moving to the executive floor with a free continental breakfast. Well it was non existent Saturday morning. So we opted to have the buffet in the restaurant. The service there was also non existent. We had to get our own place settings and we asked for coffee 4 times. The food was slowly replenished and I had to run down the bill. They were either understaffed or poorly trained. All other aspect of the stay were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you, Paul M, for your candid comments about your breakfast experience. It appears that we have some training to do as purchase into the Executive Level includes a Full American Breakfast Buffet, either served in the Executive Lounge or coupons provided for the Restaurant. I apologize that the servers were inattentive to your needs; this is unacceptable and a topic for tomorrow's pre-shift briefing. In the meantime, I was happy to see that other aspects of your stay were excellent.

Thank you again. We hope to see you again soon at the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Super clean, very modern, amazing staff, the decor is not gaudy or outdated, the bathrooms are clean & the showers are warm and have just the right water pressure, bed is comfy, room was quiet, the amenities are excellent... I just love this hotel. I travel a lot and normally I am not thrilled with the places I stay but this one is really great. The ONLY con would be the hot tub not working, and the pool wasn't the cleanest ever but in the grand scheme of things, it's minimal. 110% recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Christine Carney:

Thank you so much for providing such valuable feedback. I was not fully aware of the importance of the hot tub for our sports teams and your comments really shed some light. We are aggressively looking for bids to make the repair to the hot tub jet system, but we are delaying the work due to it causing us to shut down the pool as well during our peak season. You information has provided a different perspective that we will definitely take into consideration.