Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles
US$87
ComfortInn
US$119
US$115
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn(Sterling)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$105
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling(Sterling)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$134
Hotels.com
US$121
US$112
US$108
Hyatt.com
US$157
All reviewsgrab and gohouse keepinglong termsterling areanegativityesafurniturelodgingflight
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed (2) nights at this property 2/15/12 & 2/16/12. It is sub quality, not recommended for a business traveler. (1) There is no desk in the room, (2) the TV is tube and receives maybe 20 channels, (3) there were no trash cans in the rooom, (4) after my first night stay when I returned the room had not been cleaned, when I asked the front desk what was up with that they said they only clean once a week or can clean daily for an additional fee, (5) no shampoo in the bathroom, (6) a person in the adjacent room smoked most of the night and the fumes seeped into my roonm, (7) I had an early flight and attempted to check out at 4am, although the office claims to be open 24 hours it was not, (8) I attempted to use the courtesy phone outside the office to check-out, the phone did not work, (9) I called the main number, the phone disconnected after three rings, I attempted this several times, (10) I called again around 9am the phone rang over thirty times with no answer, (11) I called several times at noon, sames results the phone rang over thirty times with no answer. Here I am needing a receipt to bill against my expense report and I cannot make connection with the property I stayed at. In my thirty-five years of travel this was the worst experience ever and the first time I've written a property up for a terrible experience. Pay a few more dollars and stay at another property don't waste your money on this place. I'll never stay at another one no matter where they are located.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mochster
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I stayed here after a flight was cancelled at Dulles. This ranks among the worst places I've ever stayed in (and I've been all over the third world). The first room I was in had ants on the bedside table, and the rug and couch were stained. I asked for a new room. The second room the electronic key didn't work. He got me a third room. Still stained rugs. I wore flip flops the whole time. The manager was grumpy and barely smiled. If I had had my own car (I came by cab at 11:30 PM) I would have been out of there and to another hotel immediately. Never again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DanielleK723
Reviewed 5 May 2011

You really can't beat the last second deals on the Homestead Suites website. A clean, simple room with fridge, stove, easy access to the highway for $43.99/night is hard to find. It's nothing fancy, but it there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CookieMonster22030
Reviewed 9 July 2010

We booked for 5 nights. We checked in at 4am just to find out that the room was not cleaned! the carpet was bad and the bed was not arranged , we had to call the front desk and was given a different room. The studio room was quite small. to my horror, there were flies, spiders in the room! The kitchen facility is good. The bed was very small. Room service only once in a week. You need to pay extra 5bucks for internet. Wont recommend to anyone nor come back. With this money, you can find different nice hotels around.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Sid004
Reviewed 8 March 2010

I'd say this place is like a crack hotel, but I don't think that people on crack would stay here. It took me 20 minutes just to get somebody to open the door to the lobby so I could check in at 12:15PM on a Thursday. The non-smoking rooms have ashtrays in them, the room (A non-smoking room) smelled like someone had been chain smoking in it for 30 years (and this was after I changed rooms trying to find one that didn't smell like an ashtray storage facility). There was no waste basket in the room, no cups, the bed had cigarette burns on the comforter. The carpet was filthy, the kitchen looked like someone had kept a pony in it. After four hours, my breathing was so bad I called a cab and headed to the airport. When I got home my doctor had to put me on steroids to help my lungs heal from four hours in this dump. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business