Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed 19 January 2013

My college friends and I were looking for a cheap place to stay while trekking around Washington, DC. We were quite surprised to find that the 2 star hotel we booked had a medium sized fridge, microwave, and toaster inside the kitchen. The service was pretty friendly, and the room was more than we expected. We were very satisfied with this nice inexpensive place that satisfied our basic needs!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Angelika B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Staying in DC is expensive. I received the most value for my money at Homestead Studio Suites. At times the neighbors were loud, but management was accommodating to my requests. Generally it was a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Angelika B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Mr. Joe:
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

I recently left my second home, at Homestead Studio Suites, after spending two years there while working in Washington DC on a project. My experience at this affordable and well cared for property was nothing short of excellent. I was able to enjoy the amenities of home in a safe and quiet environment. As a single female, it was important to me to feel safe with staying in the area as well as knowing my personal belonging would be safe, being left behind, when I traveled to my home in Texas. The staff were always professional and made every attempt to accommodate requests for changes in scheduled dates for maid service when I needed privacy to work. I enjoyed walking and running around the property for exercise, again feeling quite comfortable and safe doing so at almost any time of the day or evening. I will miss the staff and especially the maid service now that I have returned to my home in Texas. When I am required to work for an extended period of time in the Washington DC area again, I will certainly look to return to my second home at Homestead Studio Suites. Thank you for making my stay a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Angelika B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your kind words.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

This place is a simple, acceptable motel. And nothing more than that.

Pros: has a kitchen, full fridge, mini stove, and microwave. It's also cheaper than anything else in the area.

Cons: You get what you pay for. I got this for $33 on Priceline, so I really shouldn't complain. However, the bed is not comfortable and my room had a serious bug infestation. I killed 5-10 "stink bugs" per day. Bottoms of cabinets were all rotted out.

If you don't care what kind of conditions you're staying in and just simply want a cheap place - this is a great property. However, if you want something to relax and feel comfortable in, you had better look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Second floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Homestead in Sterling, VA. Everyone was pleasant and accommodating to our hotel needs. The rooms were cleaned, and there was a nice size outside area for our dog to play. It is a good value which included tv, internet, weekly housekeeping, etc.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JNstaylt
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We love to hear the amenities we offer and the outside grounds were perfect for you - and your dog too!

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Stayed here overnight before leaving on an early flight from Dulles. The first room was dirty & smelled from smoke. The second was bearable but certainly in need of sprucing up. Carpeting was filthy, bathroom not too clean. We kind of got what we paid for but I would not stay here again.

The staff, however, was very helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights recently. Here are the issues:
- smoke smell: This was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but guests blatantly disregard the policy. My neighbors on the left and the right were smoking away like chimneys and management told me that "only some of our rooms are non-smoking, and yours is"
- internet: connected ok, but I had to do some work and get on my office VPN and it died. Tech support helped, but it was touch and go. Ended up going to a cafe to get work done.
- peeling, broken furniture and fittings in the room: The two bedside lamps didn't work, the kitchen counter was peeling
- general filth: room, premises, laundry room were all filthy. found a couple of insects in the kitchen as well. We'd initially planned to make a few meals in the room to save some money but couldn't bring ourselves to cook there. ended up eating out
- No amenities: unlike other hotels close to the airport, there was no shuttle or park-and-fly. no business center either.

The good part:
- the young man we encountered at the front desk tried to help. He got us tech support on the phone for the internet issue, offered us a different room (which smelled of smoke also, so we declined) etc.

Overall recommendation: Avoid it if you can.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles? Share your experiences!