“Great place to stay short-term or long-term; I felt like I was staying with family!”

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Bluemont
Reviewed 28 February 2009

I stayed here from July 08-Feb.09 and cant say enough about the first rate service and
congeniality of the staff. From Tina (manager) to Luis and Dan; I felt I was living at home and
the rates were very reasonable along with convenient access to Dulles Airport and Northern
Virginia. I also appreciated the professional and friendly manner in which all my needs were
tended to and the extra mile they would go to see to it that I was comfortable.
If ever I need long-term or short-term lodging in the future, I wouldnt even think about looking anywhere else.
Timothy Butler

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
Manager20190, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles, responded to this review, 14 April 2009
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Also, know that any of our nearly 700 Extended Stay Hotels(sm) locations is eager to serve you in most major metro areas in the U.S. and in Canada. Search for them at any time by going to our website. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
CALIFORNIA
Reviewed 31 January 2009

This is a great value for business or pleasure travelers, and they go out of the way to make you comfortable and take care of any special requests. If you are a repeat customer they remember you and where you like to stay. The rooms are clean and all have kitchens to make you feel at home. Rates are negotiable and considerably lower if you stay a week. The location is next to Dulles airport so it is very convenient if leaving early from Dulles or arriving late, or spending time in that area.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Bed could be more comfortable
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
San Francisco
Reviewed 20 June 2008

I stayed for one night, to catch an early morning flight out of Dulles. Room was dirty, ants were crawling on my bed, and all the appliances were unplugged, and to top it off, my cell phone was stolen!

• Stayed June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Toronto,ON
Reviewed 20 June 2008

I'm a single female and stayed here for one night b/c of proximity to airport. I was a bit hesitant b/c of the motel set up but it ended up working fine. The place is very clean, staff is nice and helpful. I felt safe here - which is more then I can say for many motels.
One word of advice - don't leave open cans/bottle of jucie b/c you will get ants... no other bugs though, just a simple pleasant room.

• Liked — clean and close to the airport
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Tusia79
Virginia
Reviewed 8 November 2007

We had just moved to the area and stayed at this hotel
while we were looking for a place to rent. There were
cockroaches crawling on the ceiling, on the floor, in
the kitchen - it was totally infested. We were so
disgusted that we called the front desk to complain
and they tried to tell us that they are not infested
with cockroaches - we asked them to come have a look
and they weren't even willing to come to the room to
see the cockroaches. There were no openings at any
other hotels in the area so we requested that they
move us to a different room immediately. The next room
had cockroaches too, not as many but they were still
there. It was hands down the WORST hotel stay we've
ever had. We wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank makena234
Auburn, NY
Reviewed 10 August 2007

This place hasn't been reviewed in two years. Now is the time. I stayed here for two weeks while looking for an apartment in the area. I could have left at any time but my employer was picking up the tab and a free hotel stay is nothing to sneeze at.

The property looks nice from the outside. The rooms look nice at first, upon closer inspection there are problems: my first night I discovered that the room was dirty, the refridgerator was broken and then there were the insects. Ants and some other bug I could not identify. The staff offered to move me to two other rooms. However, the first was smoke infested and the closet door was broken. The second had insects crawling on the kitchen and bathroom floors. I opted to stay in the room I was given and clean it myself- top to bottom. It wasn't until I removed the mattress and box spring from the bed, that I realized where the "critters" were coming from. The next day the refridgerator was fixed. Despite the top to bottom cleaning of the room and the ant traps that were placed in it, the insects kept coming back.

Bottom line: you get what you pay for (or in my case don't). If you are looking to save money forget it. Pay to the extra $$$ to have a nice clean room and no creepy crawlies under your mattress and box spring.

• Liked — The location. It was close to my place of employment
  • Disliked — The rooms were dirty and needed to be cleaned badly. Plus insect problems.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank venture2000
Everywhere
Reviewed 28 May 2005

A good deal for the price as most hotels in the area are VERY expensive. Only problem I had, is a couple of weeks after I checked out they called stating they needed my credit card again. I gave them an imprint upon check in and am unclear as to why they need the number now. But overall, things were good.

Stayed April 2004
5 Thank trektravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles? Share your experiences!