“nice stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Wellsburg, United States
“nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

good price for quality of room. clean and comfortable, friendly and helpful staff: has a continental breakfast available, but did not use: l downside was that the floor was hard and cold, no carpeting. I would come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Czech first
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel itself is nice, clean and basic- it has everything my wife and I need for a one night stay (we got a good deal on a park and stay package). Breakfast is great and plenty of room to park. We met two shuttle drivers named Jerry and Yusery (spelling?) who were both nice, on time with the shuttle and helped with luggage.
HOWEVER.......good luck checking in and out. I checked in around 2pm and the front desk girl was just too busy. The phones were ringing and she had to answer them, she had a line and in the middle of this someone had the audacity to ask her to call a cab. I came down later and this time a fellow by the name of Dennis was working and it was the SAME issue. He had a line, the phones were going crazy and people were ticked that they had to wait so long and I was ticked because I came down to buy candy for my wife and had to put it back because I wasn't going to wait 15 minutes or more in line to buy it. He remained friendly even though some of the customers were hostile. That is the 2nd time we had stayed there in 3 weeks. The 1st time I was there around 8am checking out and it was the same girl. She had a line of people checking out with the phones ringing and again she was the only one at the desk. I don't recall her name but she had long hair and she too remained friendly when it was FINALLY our turn in line. I truly doubt the Best Western owners will go bankrupt if they put two people behind the desk.
The only other problem I had was that a girl who was working there when we checked in around midnight the 1st night we stayed had no interest in anything I was saying...seemed like she was trying to get us out of the lobby as soon as possible and barely looked at us.

Room Tip: This place has no elevators. You have to use the steps which I was ok with.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike S
BestWestern D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Mr. Mike S

On behalf of our entire team I would like thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that you encountered an issue while attempting to check in. We are currently looking into having more than one front desk agent available to help with the check in process. We thank you again for sharing your experience at our hotel, as we will be using it to help better our service in the future. I hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in the Dulles Airport area.

Marisol Rodriguez
Salisbury, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

A very nice hotel. Two floors only. Very clean and nicely done lobby. The king room we stayed in was newly remodeled and clean. Very quiet location and very close to Dulles Airport. Shuttle provided if needed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Putnam, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My connecting flight was cancelled due to snow/ice so I needed a hotel room at the last minute. I arrived at 8:45PM and was starving. I was directed to go to the Holiday Inn next door as there was an open restaurant there. All the rooms are outside access only. Mine was on the 2nd floor, so I had to climb icy snowy steps with my luggage. I booked a shuttle going to the airport for the next day- apparently you cannot just hop on a shuttle- you have to have a reservation in advance. My room was clean & comfortable with WIFI, plenty of towels, a small fridge & microwave, a big screen TV. Complimentary breakfast was served downstairs from 6:30 to 10:30 AM which had plenty of variety- make your own waffles, cereals, bagels, muffins, juices, coffee etc. My only complaint was a backhoe clearing off the parking lot early in the morning with it's back up beep beep going back and forth for hours. It's not the hotel's fault, the snow needs to be cleared, but heavens, enough is enough.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Donna33804
Bergen County, Nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

There is nothing singularly spectacular about the hotel, but everything was solid. It was a little odd that the mini-fridge and microwave are located in a cabinet under the sink (the front desk clerk warned everyone checking in that this was where you'd find them), but the beds were comfortable, climate-control adequate, good location, reasonable breakfast. Best of all, they accepted pets! So if you want a good night's sleep in a basic hotel, this is an excellent value.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed here last night because we had an early morning flight. There is a free shuttle service to and from the airport. The room was very clean with lots of towels. Dinner next door at Holiday Inn about 3 minutes away . Free breakfast buffet with everything including scrambled eggs and sausage. I would stay here again. We paid $55.20 with our senior citizen discount.

• Stayed January 2014
Sterling, VA, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

If you don't mind smelling cigarette smoke, stay here, but I prefer to stay in completely, non-smoking h/motels. Also, breakfast is all carbs, I suggested to management to include yogurt and fruit. The internet is Ethernet - not wifi, and the Ethernet cable kept falling out of my laptop. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Elizabeth M
BestWestern D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We try to accommodate all of our guest by offering a variety of options. Next time you stay with us you will find yogurt and a variety of fresh fruit. We do offer Wi-Fi in all of our rooms and I am sorry you did not have access in your room. I have contacted our internet supplier and that problem has been addressed. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 703-471-8300.

Marisol Rodriguez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon

Been to BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn? Share your experiences!