My husband and I stayed here for our trip to DC. We booked this trip as a package on Travelocity for a GREAT rate... R/T air from Houston and 6 nights stay for only $1000! That meant the hotel was about $50/night and included breakfast.
I was skeptical at first because the hotel was SO FAR from downtown DC. The value of the package made me look into it deeper, and we decided to book it and take the challenge. I'm so glad we did!
I would absolutely recommend doing what we did if you are visiting DC on a budget but don't want to compromise a great place to stay. The hotel was awesome! We just had a regular room, but it had a big, flat screen TV and a lounge area with a couch. Very clean, very comfortable, and the staff were awesome! Breakfast was very good with many selections of cereals, fruits, bagels, and drinks.
More information on how we did DC using this hotel: The hotel has free airport pick-up and drop off. From the airport, you can catch a bus (I can't remember the bus number... it was almost 2 yrs ago when we did this!) that takes you into downtown DC for a couple of $$ per person. The ride takes around 45 minutes, if I recall correctly, and it is best to get your hands on a bus schedule so you don't show up and have to wait forever for the bus. I think the bus departs about every 30 minutes. The hotel staff have all the information and were great working with us! We would call them from the bus each night on our way back and let them know about what time we would get to the airport. They would always be there waiting for us with the van!
We stayed at the Hyatt Place, a nice, reputable hotel, for MUCH CHEAPER than we could have stayed at one of the 1 star roach motels closer to the heart of DC. It was great... I hope I can find the same deal next time we visit DC!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the innovative hospitality of Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, the recipient of the 2014 and 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for customer service. Additionally, Hyatt Place was just ranked top upscale hotels for customer service by J.D. Power. Our Sterling, VA hotel offers inviting spaces to relax and work, with free Wi-Fi, a.m. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast and shuttle service to Dulles Airport and local destinations within 5 miles radius. Enjoy shopping and dining at Dulles Town Center Mall, Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets and One Loudoun, all minutes away. Our casually chic hotel also offers a prime Dulles Airport location for business and leisure travelers. We offer intimate meeting and event spaces near major companies, including Lockheed Martin, NTSB, Northrop Grumman, DHL, Raytheon, Neustar, AOL, Verizon, and VISA. Students visiting the DC area will appreciate being close to Northern Virginia Community College, The Art Institute of Washington Northern Virginia, George Washington University and Strayer University. Relax after a long flight or drive in one of the 134 spacious guest rooms at our Hyatt Place hotel near Dulles Airport offering plush Hyatt Grand Bedding, Free Wi-Fi, media center and ergonomic desk, Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper, 42” inch HDTVs, contemporary decor and a relaxing environment. We feature onsite facilities for our guests’ convenience including a 24/7 fitness center with modern exercise equipment, seasonal outdoor pool, and three meeting rooms with a combined 1,600 sq. ft., ideal for social or business events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North Hotel Sterling
- Hyatt Place Hotel Sterling
- Hyatt Sterling
- Sterling Hyatt