“Rudeness/racist”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Los Angeles, California
“Rudeness/racist”
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I travel to VA often and I have stood at the suburban twice, I met with the previous manager Richard, he was so nice and kind and workable, however, my next business trip, I came, on a Fri the 4th, the lobby full of policeman, people getting kicked out, the Asian lady and a guy assist manager at the desk discussing others, the Asian lady ignored me, I felt b/c I was black and the GM manager, Peter, when asked for him, he was just rude and told the staff he was busy. People smoking outside telling me not to stay there. Ugh, I will never stay there again. I am a traveler and will have to find another place when I come back to VA. thi

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank travelor1083

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lexington, Virginia
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Very tired when we got here and still had to wait about 10 minutes for a desk clerk to show up at around 9:30pm. The lobby seemed to be a hang out for sleazy and sketchy people and we were put off a little by then. There was a hooker standing the stairwell smoking as we took our things to the room. Which was disappointing at best. it was tiny. the bathroom door hit the bed when ever it was opened, you had to practicably climb over the toilet to get into the shower stall. the mattress was covered in stains (discovered when checking for bed bugs, didn't see any of those Thank God), the bed was hard and uncomfortable and I think they must have made their own pillow out of fabric scraps given how hard and lumpy they were. the whole room had a nasty feel to it and my socks were gray by the time we left. It you are shorter than 5'8 plan on bringing a step stool to reach some of the utensils as they are apparently kept on the top shelf of the cabinet over the stove(I'm 5'10 and had trouble). The water was GROSS!

The Final straw was when we were getting ready to leave we saw a lot of roaches around. there were at least 3 in the top drawer of the dresser (thank god we were there for one night and didn't use it) and they were in the on the mini fridge in the kitchenette . (and inside the fridge was pretty un clean)

Basicly don't stay here not worth it at any price

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,875 helpful votes
Reviewed 1 July 2010

This 5 story hotel is north of the Dulles Airport and a convenient drive to the busses that connect to the DC Metro. The staff was very helpful and pleasant and the room was adequate for our needs--queen bed, kitchen facilities, etc. There were only 3 uncomfortable pillows for 2 persons--they could have 4 and improve the quality of the pillows. There is wifi and coffee is available in the lobby in the morning. Because of the popularity of this place, parking is a little tight, but there were spaces available. Best of all the senior rate was $62.99--a deal in an expensive area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Dulles
Reviewed 8 January 2010

Upon arriving it is always nice to see someone at the front counter. The lady was in training but there was another gentleman helping her out when she needed it. She must have passed her training well because she seemed to know what to do. Check in was quick and painless, just the way I like it. I opted for a smoking room, just in case I felt the urge to smoke. Upon entering the room the smell of smoke was not overbearing,but just a hint of it. The room was very clean and well maintained. Could not see water spots on ceiling or holes in walls, which all is a plus! My stay was for one night but will defineatly keep coming back to this place!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank belikebill2003
MA
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Basically you get what you pay for. The sheets in my rooms were not clean and kept hearing noices all night. It was hard to find and out of the way from rte 28. Can't wait to check out of here. I was here only for a job interview I had in Vienna. Will be my last time staying here.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed 11 December 2009

Extended Stay Sterling VA is great value, convenience & location.
I stayed for several weeks doing a computer mainframe conversion to linux.
I love the full size refrigerator & kitchen provided; I can shop at Safeway for my healthy
food (Broccoli, etc) or Costco for Frozen fish etc.
Loved the big Borders book store across the street & Seattle's Best coffee
I can jog around on the track around the pond.
The staff was very friendly & helpfull
Could not have been better
Thanks, Owen Townsend

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 12 November 2009

My husband has business in the area and we are travelling with our pets. This completely fits the bill for us. I've been here for over a week now, with another week to go, and can't register a single complaint. Our room was clean upon arrival. They even held our reservation for us until the next morning after we alerted them that we were having car trouble. (You have to check in by a certain time, even with a credit card hold, or they cancel the reservation.) I booked directly trough the hotel's website - found it through TripAdvisor. Very reasonable rate with AAA discount. Front desk staff has been extremely accommodating. Manager Richard is SUPER!. Our room is rather minimal, but suits our needs. Housekeeping is once a week, which is fine for me since I have pets in the room and wouldn't want someone in there daily anyway. I was concerned about fleas, but no such problem. There's a laundry facility on site. They even have free shuttle service anywhere in a 3 mile range. That helped tremendously with our car going in the shop for a few days. They took my husband to his jobsite in the morning. Plenty of shopping nearby. Walmart next door. BestBuy, TJ Maxx, World Market and more across the street. The best Chili's I've ever been to across the street as well. Check yelp.com for restaurant recommendations nearby and trust them! We've had some awesome meals in the area.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business