Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My flight was canceled, so I had to book at Comfort Inn which is very close to IAD airport for one night, they have shuttle service which is great.
Overall, the hotel is fine, the room is clean and nice, but the issue that there is no restaurant in this hotel, no place to eat near by, the only option is pizza delivery.
Special thanks to Mirtila.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hello good after noon I am a new student from saudi arabia I saw somebody his name is Ibrahim he is a great human help and awesome person he picked me up and then toke me to the hotel silvia at the front desk helped me and she is very frindly

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am glad to Ibrahim he is good person he piked me up and helped me it was rainy day
Ibrahim is the best. And silvia she is so nice and so polit wirh me help me alot the hotel is clean i feel at home all the staff so co opetate

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked a room here for an early morning flight out of Dulles. Not one person we encountered at the front desk was overly helpful or seemed remotely interested in helping us. We were not aware of the parking charge to keep our car there during our trip however the clerk acted as if this was the worst offense that could happen. We did catch a shuttle that was on time both to the airport and back. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and clean though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided as part of our training to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We have free parking for length of stay. We mention it on our website
Jay Javid

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Not sure why I saw this hotel in such a different light from the other reviewers...I would not select this hotel for another stay. Wallpaper in hallway is peeling, I could hear everything going on upstairs including housekeeping vacuuming at 7am, as if I were right there with them. Drain cover in bath was not secure and just slid around the floor, clock was set for a completely wrong time (3 hrs off) and I couldn't reach it to fix it b/c it was secured (also only had iPhone 4 dock). Beds are old and worn (super sinky/weak support). When my office called to set up the credit card, they were on hold for almost 1 hour!

I would be ok with all of this if the room was $50-75/night but at over $100 is was just way below my expectations. Positives were free parking, breakfast and wifi.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. About Houskeeping vacuuming at 7:00 AM we were surprised, because our Housekeeping starts at 8:00 AM.
Jay Javid

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I had a marvelous trip to Washington thanks to the Comfort Inn in Sterling. The hotel was clean, comfortable and welcoming. Everyone on the staff was friendly and polite. All the shuttle drivers were extremely helpful and friendly. Yamne stands out as exceptional, although all were superb. We are particularly grateful to the Comfort Inn administration for allowing us to ride the shuttle when going to catch the bus for downtown Washington on the days that we didn't have our rental car. The hotel was very close to the airport, which made it very convenient to catch the bus for downtown. All in all, we had a great experience.

Room Tip: Our room 205 was great, but I think that all the rooms on the 2nd floor were the same.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had the pleasure of Mirtila, your shuttle service agent, provide me with quality and efficient service and look forward to using your service on my next trip in July. I will recommend your shuttle service as well as your agent Mirtila, to anyone needing parking for flights out of Dulles Airport in Sterling, VA.

• Stayed: May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
0 mi away
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Chantilly
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway? Share your experiences!