“Very Old Hotel and Decor”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked the handicapped accessible room (room 201) and I have to say I was pretty disappointed upon entering the room. I had read such great reviews about this hotel so I expected more. The first thing I noticed was the very old décor, 2 large stains on the sofa and the carpet was worn thin. The color scheme was dark, drab and just plain worn out looking. The bed was very firm so if you are looking for a firm mattress this would be good. Plenty of towels in the bathroom.
On a good note the front desk staff was very pleasant and quick with both registering and when checking out.
Breakfast consisted of a nice variety both warm and cold items. Breakfast area was limited on seating but it flowed nicely with people in and out.

Room Tip: If you do not need an accessible room try to avoid room 201.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jay J, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Duckiebell,
Your review is very valuable to us, and it allows us to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve; but to go beyond expectations. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Please know that your feedback is extremely important to us, as it allows us to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve; but to go beyond expectations. Your comments and issues will be addressed.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

It's really near to the airport. And the room is large and clean,they have free shuttle bus to the airport. That's a good thing. They also have free breakfast. It's really nice. The fount desk is nice.

2  Thank Lungful

Dear Lungful,
Thank you for staying with us. It is our pleasure to ensure each guest enjoys their stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

First time here at this hotel. Everything around was very clean and welcoming. House keeping staff, (Zulma) was very friendly and with a big smile all the time. She was very helpfull. I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hector C

Dear Hector,
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule and leave us with a review. I am glad you had a great experience at our hotel. We love to hear when we are able to meet our guest’s needs. Thanks for making us a stop on your future trips to Sterling, VA. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is my first time to stay at this hotel. I have to say it is a very good experience. It is close to the AirPort, but very quiet at night. The breakfast is good too. Mirtila is a very nice driver. She is very kind

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Vicky,
The entire staff and management would like to thank you for your most recent stay with us. We hope that we shall see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I wanted to give a great rating for Margarita (breakfast). The breakfast area was clean and very well stocked. Margarita is a very helpful staff member, with a pleasant personality and enchanting smile. She makes you feel like you are at home.

Also, Alexandra (front desk) was extremely gentile and helpful to new guests.

The hotel at Washington Dulles Airport Gateway gets a 5 STAR rating from me. I would definitely stay again and recommend to friends, family and co-workers.

Karen L 8-17-14

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen L

Dear Karen,
Our staff and Management of the Comfort Inn and Suites Dulles Gateway would like to thank you for your most recent visit to our location and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Comfort Inn & suites Dulles

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have to say I have no real complaints mirtila is a good conductor, she picked me up helped with my bags was very kind I enjoyed the breakfast offered, leyli kept everything organized, the room was clean, friendly staff I'd recommend this location

Dear RavensFan101,
Thank you for taking the time to recognize Mirtila from your recent stay with us. I have a great staff and am lucky to have them working with me. We are looking forward to seeing you in the future!
Comfort Inn & Suites Dulles Gatway

Reviewed 15 August 2014

not bad hotel ovarall . not that .this is my second time being In the same hotel . I wish they have not spoken Spanish in front of the people . that would make them more officiant. had good sleep in these visits . never had bad stay . happy to be in these kind of places with good price and good care ...

1  Thank user108474

Dear user10847,
Our Staff and Management would like to thank you for your most recent visit to our location in Comfort Inn & Suites Dulles Gateway.. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope if you are in the area again we shall be your home away from home
General Manager Comfort Inn & Suites

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Washington Dulles International Airport, VA
0 mi away
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway? Share your experiences!