All reviews dulles airport front desk egg patties rooms are clean sitting room the hotel offers mini fridge free shuttle park your car yogurt two double beds long term parking nice size indoor pool complimentary breakfast excellent stay the breakfast area
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed there for 10 days. The place to be when in town! Super friendly staff. Excellent rooms. Clean. Great breakfast. Just a pleasure staying. I was offered a great price too. It's the central location. Close to the Dulles airport. Close to the other suburbs. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Bazzman1
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have totally enjoyed my stay in this hotel, the hotel is close to the IAD airport, very clean and has welcoming staff.

In terms of location it is close to the airport and it offers complementry shuttle bus from/to the airport. The hotel also has free shuttle bus to the Dulles shopping center and Walmart Supercenter. Once reservation completed the hotel will offer 35% on Hertz car rental which is good advantage for those don't like the free shuttle bus. Overall the service was very good, the staff is welcoming and happy to serve with a nice smile. I also enjoyed the facilities they offered, gym, swimming pool (equipped with hydrolic chair for persons with disability to get-in and out easily) and the free break fast buffet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

First of all, clean, nicely appointed...but it is the attitude of the staff and management that sets this property apart. From the time you check in, to the time you need to talk with house keeping of another other staff...you realize they know how to treat a customer. Friendly, engaging and warm! We were there with a hockey team, there were other teams there as well and a rather large wedding party. There were no problems with kids running through the halls and people partying too loud in their rooms...why? Because staff were very tolerant of us (and our loud ways) by allowing us the run of the great room in the lobby. This meant people didn't have to party in their rooms and disturb those in rooms around them. I am sure sometimes people can get out of hand but you would have to be pretty much a jerk to get this staff to lay down the law. Hotels make a lot of money off sports teams and they could all learn a lesson from the staff in Sterling, Virginia.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
SpringHillDulles, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us. All of our associates take great pride in our guests satisfaction.
From all of us here at SpringHill Dulles Airport, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Manal Hanna

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Hotel is VERY clean and pleasant, room spacious and comfortable, and great breakfast. Decor of room very relaxing and pleasant. Amenities are compact but more than adequate with pool, fitness, relaxing areas outside, sun bathing area, wireless access in rooms and lobby, and computers available. I always stay at Marriott properties but was impressed with this hotel. I will likely stay there for a local get-away!

Room Tip: Room 215 provided a good nights sleep although it is near the elevator. Like that TV is not near the common wall so medium volume does not disturb neighbors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Though this place is clean and new, there are three specific reasons why I won't be returning:

The smoke detector is positioned directly above the bed and flashes an "im in working order! light repeatedly! I found this incredibly distracting . I also had trouble with the glowing alarm clock and hair dryer/night lite! The bright lights of the parking area also found their way around the loose fitting light shade ! My room shined like a carnival all night!

Next: both the air conditioner and mini fridge gurgled and whined. Strike two.

The above can be forgiven , but an uncomfortable bed cannot!

I rate the bed and linen a D-

Sheets? Thin and scratchy.
Mattress? Lumpy and stiff!

The morning breakfast was better than expected standard fare.

I visit hotels to SLEEEP, but the distractions of room lighting, appliance noise and an uncomfortable mattress MURDERED it!! Farewell brave Springhill of sterling! Farewell!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank dunkirk2
SpringHillDulles, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

We want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always our hope that every guest that stays with us has an enjoyable visit. We are sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Your concerns with the air conditioner and fridge have been brought to the attention of our maintenance team. They will be doing a review of our units to ensure that this issue does not happen again.We do appreciate the feedback and hope that you will give our hotel another try.

Manal Hanna