I just stayed at the Hyatt House Sterling/Dulles for four nights. It was wonderful, with just a few minor drawbacks.
The vast majority of the staff members are friendly and helpful.
The place is dog friendly (though a $75 fee is levied for short stays).
The breakfast is good, with a nice variety of food items.
The unit was clean.
The unit was spacious (1 bedroom unit with a separate bedroom and living room/kitchen).
The pool and workout areas were nice.
There were several grassy areas to walk my dog.
There were good sized TVs in both the living and bedrooms.
The chaise in the living room is nice -- it lets you stretch out without sitting on the sofabed).
The kitchen was well-stocked with utensils/supplies.
I liked the bathroom design, especially the step-in shower (I have mobility issues).
There is a separate recycling bin in the room!
The location is convenient to many businesses in the area.
I didn't eat anything during the evening H Bar times, but everything smelled good.
Complementary USA Today and Wall Street Journal.
Lots of convenient parking.
The aforementioned pet fee. Unfortunately, it is now common in the hotel industry.
The maid seemed confused by the recycling and threw the recycling in with the trash.
The TV channels offered are okay, but I missed several of my favorites (yes, I'm spoiled).
Each day, at least one TV station would die out ("no signal") for at least a couple of hours.
You are not permitted to take the complementary breakfast back to your room.
The room doors all close VERY loudly. Luckily, I was able to close the bedroom door to sleep.
All-in-all, a great place to stay. My cons are relatively small quibbles. I was pleased with my stay and will stay here again if I need a hotel in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington-Dulles Hotel Sierra delivers a fresh take on modern day travel thru intelligent design, stress-free service and free-flowing amenities. Its 162 guestrooms + suites feature flat panel TVs, MP3 docking stations and waffle terry bathrobes while free details include breakfast with made-to-order omelets, Starbucks brewed coffee and WI-FI throughout. Sample small plates, sip and socialize at the HBAR or alfresco patio with fire pit and lounge seating. Conveniently located in the Technology Corridor just 2 miles north of Dulles International Airport off Route 28. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Washington Dulles Hotel
- Sierra Washington Dulles Sterling