“What's with the staff?”

Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very much standard Hampton Inn but the staff from registration to food service and housekeeping are surprisingly sub par - could care less and more eager to complain themselves than help -
Will visit Hampton again, just not this one -

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Frthygg
BestWestern D, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Frthygg - Thank you for sharing your comments with me. I am sorry to hear that the staff did not meet your expectations. Our team prides itself on delivering outstanding service and satisfying every guest. I apologize if this is not the impressions that the team gave you and would love for you to give us another opportunity.

Kristen Robertson, General Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2014

found this hotel to be a great place to stay. will look for other hotels in the Hampton Inn family. easy on and off access to the intersates. however no close shopping nearby if looking for food stuff. needed to GPS stores.will stay again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Pre book thru internet. Arrival & check in prompt. Staff helpful. Room presentation and amenities were extremely good. Great hot shower. Tea/coffee making facilities. Free Wifi. Room was quiet. Complimentary breakfast was great including omelettes, etc. Free car parking was provided and appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The cooling system did not work properly. Had it set as low as it could go and it never cooled below 75. The hotel itself is in a great area and that staff did a great job but the cooling was very bad

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonSuitesDulles, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It was gratifying to read about your feedback about our staff. They do a good job and your acknowledgement will mean a lot to them. I would like to apologize about the cooling system and I deeply regret that we weren't able to resolve it while you were with us. I will address this to my Engineering department to avoid future occurrences . Concerns you highlighted could be the result of an Energy Save Mode on the thermostat.

I would like to thank you again for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you in the future again.

Nick Shrestha
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We chose this hotel because it is close to Dulles Airport. The overall appearance was lovely and the staff were friendly upon arrival. We weren't able to get a good night sleep, though, because of a loud, metallic scraping sound that the A/C made each time it came on (every 10-15 mins. throughout the night. We notified the staff and they apologized, but we were not reimbursed for our room or given credit for a future stay. This did not end up being a good experience for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonSuitesDulles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Diane D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. Again I want to apologize for the issue you experienced with the A/C unit during your stay and not being offered compensation for your stay. This is not typical for this hotel. Please contact me directly, so that I can correct this for you as we would like to have you stay with us again.

Kristen Robertson (GM)

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff was very nice, especially the driver Roc the hotel needs a makeover bad! Two sets of sheets I had had blood stains on them, and the mattress was as flat as a pancake, although I will say the bathroom was exceptionally clean. I had to stay for 4 nights. Every single night kids were running up and down the halls ( I guess a lot of schools stay there for annual trips). The kids also made a big mess of the eating area each day. Gross smell on the 4th floor that wouldn't go away! I would not stay at this particular Hampton inn again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carolins567
HamptonSuitesDulles, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about Roc. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

I am glad for the opportunity to respond to you in this forum. Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the totally unacceptable condition of the bed in your suite. Please know that we do have strict quality control standards at this hotel. In addition, linens are always replaced with clean, fresh bedding, and we inspect each room prior to making it available to our guests. Your comments will be addressed appropriately with the responsible department.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to contact me. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Nick Shrestha
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We arrived at Dulles after a long trip and called the hotel for the shuttle. It came within 15 minutes.The hotel provided very friendly and helpful service. The room was very clean and nicely furnished. The room was very quiet. The complimentary breakfast had nice selection. This was an amazing value, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Travellers also viewed these Sterling hotels
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!