“One great hotel and very wonderful staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed there for a weekend in March.
The staff was very professional and VERY helpful.
I was traveling with a friend of mine (2 guys) and he did not want to share the queen bed that was under our reservation; the staff quickly helped and he did not share the queen bed haha.

Event he maid said hi and was very nice. Please do stop there if you can!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very quiet room even though it is so close to the airport, great staff and amenities. Airport shuttle provided at no cost, fast check out. Hot breakfast with additional carry out lunch bag. Was able to reserve a room with an in room whirlpool bath. Outside patio accessible for breakfast. Easy access to major highway, not too far to nearest Washington D. C. metro stop.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 9 July 2014

i've stay at this hotel many times and everytime i stay I always get the king bed with the whirlpool tub. this hotel is peaceful and relaxing. I will definitely stay a HiltonHonors Member for a long time to come.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel was excellent as well as the staff. Friendly and prompt service. All questions or needs were fulfilled. The mattress was not entirely to my liking, but that is just me. At breakfast some items ran out and were not replaced but something different was put in its place. I think that would be my only complaint which is very trivial.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We needed a hotel near Dulles on both ends of our recent trip to Ecuador and this place really fit the bill. The location is about a 10-15 minute shuttle ride to IAD, and both times when we called for pickup, the bus was there in about 20 minutes. Staff is very friendly; the maids and ladies working in the breakfast area always smiled and spoke first with a greeting. Reception both times went very smoothly. Both nights we stayed in a suite on the 5th floor, and even though one room overlooked Highway 28, we could barely hear the traffic, so sound-proofing is more than adequate. Breakfast and parking is included, so what's not to like? Nothing; so we'll be back!

Room Tip: Try to get upgraded to a suite; much more spacious than standard rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

So I stay at Hampton Inns a lot, and while I was disappointed with my last Hampton Inn experience in Atlanta for business (feel free to see that review), I've had at least a dozen other good experiences before that, so I booked at another Hampton Inn for this visit. Happily, my faith in the franchise was renewed. The staff was great, and so was my room. Overall a delightful experience. I was there visiting friends, so I wasn't using internet that much, but it did go out one night, which would have been a much bigger inconvenience if I were there for business, which is usually when I stay at Hampton Inns--and a big bonus for me is that they always have free internet, and I rarely have problems with their internet. This time though, I think Comcast was to blame, but it still would have been nice if they'd offered me something to compensate me for the inconvenience, as I had to call down to the lobby twice to ask about the internet and eventually just ended up going to sleep w/o it being restored. Then again, I did get a free upgrade to a suite as a Hilton Honors member, which I really enjoyed and appreciated...though if I had to choose having internet that one night or a suite, I'd have chosen internet actually :).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MelodyM814
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We recently spent a night at this Hampton Inn near Dulles Airport after a late evening arrival. We found the hotel to be very conveniently located near the airport. The room was compact, but very clean with a large bathroom, and very comfortable bed--everything you need after a late night arrival from a cross country flight. Breakfast is included in the cost of the room, and both hot and cold breakfast foods are available. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. If you are flying in or out of Dulles, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Sterling hotels
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport

Address: 22700 Holiday Park Dr, Sterling, VA 20166-9497
Region: United States > Virginia > Loudoun County > Sterling
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Romantic Hotel in Sterling
#3 Green Hotel in Sterling
#3 Family Hotel in Sterling
#6 Business Hotel in Sterling
Price Range: £55 - £137 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport 2.5*
The Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Airport provides lodging near Dulles Airport and Dulles Town Center. We are conveniently located near area attractions, such as Chantilly Expo Center, Wolf Trap and Nissan Pavilion entertainment venues. We are positioned near the brand new National Air and Space Museum Dulles Annex - Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. Additionally, we are in the heart of the Route-28 business corridor, which affords close proximity to area businesses like America Online and Fair Oaks Mall. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Sterling