“Worthy of our repeat business”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
New Jersey
“Worthy of our repeat business”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stay at this hotel when traveling to visit family - it's a good 1/2 way stop. The employees are always friendly, our room is clean and quiet, and it's easy on/off the highway. We appreciate the consistency.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Happy2travel18

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Very clean Hotel. Little confusion at the front desk on check in. Sent us to room that was not ready. Honest mistake. Staff was very friendly. Very quiet hotel also. Breakfast was little less than standard hotel food, could use some help here. Will definitely use this hotel again when we are passing thru. Restaurant are a little scarce around the area, but 10 minute drive will get you to good eats.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here 1 night early November.

Booked a mountain view room and the rate was very reasonable. Hotel is only a few years old by the looks of it and the decor was quite fresh and modern. Room had a decent sized lounge area and sep bedroom space. Two tv sets - its only a small thing but each one only had about half the channels actually working - not a deal breaker but it was noticeable.

Small balcony looked out on the range of hills in the distance which made for a pleasant outlook. Very strong water pressure in the shower which I appreciated and bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

Bathroom was spacious and clean and the room also had a small fridge and a microwave plus coffee maker.

Check out was brisk and quick - no "thanks for staying and did you enjoy your stay" - This trip to the US I stayed in 5 different hotels and from memory only 2 of them asked me if I had enjoyed my stay and thanked me for staying. I don't want to be fawned upon but I would have thought it was common courtesy to say thanks for staying - maybe my expectations are too high.

Anyway my stay was nice enough and it was good value for money. Hotel is close to major interstates and there are a few restaurants in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view/balcony - they are very spacious.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Vacation
Chester, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2013

You always know what to expect when staying at a Marriott property. This was no different. Stayed one night. Property was clean. Room was clean. That's what's important to me. Breakfast was fine. As long as fruit and cereal is offered, I'm set! Location was busy. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mary K
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night while sightseeing in this area. Front desk staff was very friendly. Coffee is available all day and it was fresh at 3 pm. Room was clean and spacious. Hotel was nice and quiet. Breakfast is just ok. Good fruit salad and sausage, but the eggs are awful. Very, very nice breakfast staff! We stay in lots of different Marriott lines and althougj Fairfield is more basic, we liked this so much we will stay here again for sure!

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Angiesalga
South Glens Falls, New York
Reviewed 3 November 2013

What a beautiful hotel? Tastefully decorated, clean, quiet & conveniently located! Everything in this hotel was top notch! The staff was friendly and helpful; addressed a minor issue immediately. The Complimentary breakfast was mediocre but sufficient with a nice variety

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lois H
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel a year ago and gave them an average rating. There was certainly nothing to set them apart from other hotels. At that time I commented that the front desk was severely understaffed. This time there were two people available to handle guests. At check in we were given a coupon to use for a 10% discount at several nearby restaurants and we took advantage of that. This hotel is nestled very close to the mountains and some of the rooms have a nice view of them. This visit I asked about getting an upgraded room (glad I did as I had a king reserved and those rooms are tiny). I was given a very nice suite with a balcony and a lovely view of the mountains. It was a shame I was only there a day. We had a room on the third floor and I did hear some people walking around on the 4th floor but I heard nothing after 10:00 p.m. I slept very well but did have to grab a blanket from the closet as the linens are very light (typical Fairfield). Also the towels were very thin and almost insignificant - I’d describe them as cheaply thin. The hotel would be well served to replace their towels. Breakfast was mediocre. In my last review I mentioned that the breakfast was underwhelming. I felt no different this time. The coffee was still weak and the choices were limited. It just seems the hotel doesn't care too much about impressing anyone with breakfast. They finally moved to the hot offerings that Fairfield's are supposed to have now. They offered scrambled eggs made from the "ready to cook" liquid and sausage patties that weren't very tasty. There was bread for toast and bagels. They did not have hot oatmeal (just packages) and I saw no sweet pastries or muffins of any kind. The waffle maker is gone, which I miss. They did have yogurt so I settled for toast and yogurt and that was enough to get me going. Once the towels and replaced and breakfast improved this will be a super place to stay. Until then I consider it just average.

Room Tip: Stay away from king bedded rooms and try and get a mountain view.
Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester
Wayside Inn
Wayside Inn
#1 of 3 in Middletown

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley? Share your experiences!