Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Strasburg
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stated here after a long trio to pick up our daughter from Harrisonburg. Apparently college graduation a happen at the same time in the East cost states so we could not find a vacancy except for this hotel. They gave su their last King size room and it was adecquate, no big frills. Small bathroom, stand up shower, 32 inch LCD TV with limited movie channels. Their free breakfast was OK, we had read all the negative reviews on regards to their bedding and their breakfast selection and it appears that the hotel made changes to that effect. The Bed was a bit lumpy, too soft of a matress I guess. We thought it was average nothing was expectacular about their service. We would not mind staying here next time maybe trying to get a suite/room with a balcony and a view of the mountains rather than the highway and the lights of the restaurants.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Fiancé and I stayed here to tour skyline drive. Easy to find with restaurants within walking distance. Only complaint is that the doors slam shut when you close them so people coming in late at night were a little loud. There were also no trash bags in the trash cans. The staff were very helpful and courteous.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is a good Fairfield hotel, and your stay will be even better if get a mountain view room with balcony. It costs just a little more, but it was great to have the view and private balcony. Both nights we stayed the hotel sold out and they were turning people away. I'm not sure if that's typical for them, but I would recommend reserving in advance if you want to stay here.

Room Tip: Reserve a mountain view room with a balcony. We were on the top floor--the 4th--which I would recom...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is our first time staying at one of these hotels and we loved it. We had a lovely suite with comfortable furniture. The bedroom area was also very nice and comfortable. The breakfast was ok with not a lot of choices but that would not stop us from staying there again. I would definitely recommend this hotel. However, when we checked in I asked about AAA discount and was told there were no deals available. I questioned this and was given a AAA discount. Again, I would definitely make Fairfield Inns our first choice while traveling.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucilleb1941
Reviewed 31 March 2014

What a great place to stay the night. The staff was extremely helpful, the room was clean and quiet, breakfast was good, and the Italian restaurant right next door was fantastic. Much to the chagrin of the kids, we didn't have a chance to try out the pool, but we all wanted to. Not busy and it looked clean. I hope this road trip becomes a regular experience; I would like to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kristofer D
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg is a very nice place. I stayed there while on a business trip in town. They have a very nice workout room with modern equipment, and the pool and spa area looked very nice (and were not very busy). The room itself was very nice. I had lots of space to spread out and work in a separate are from the bed, which is always a huge plus for me. I find myself "holed up" in my room oftentimes during the winter and wasn't climbing the walls to get out of there, so that's a plus! Comfy bed, extra blankets, clean and cozy. A restaurant or room service would have given it a nice touch, but the breakfast was fine and the coffee was good. I'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here the past few years when traveling to Florida but this trip is the first we were a bit disappointed. Staff were friendly and helpful and hotel was clean as usual but the breakfast was less than their normal.
Their was very limited items no sausage apparently they had run out no fruit of any kind. They advertise a breakfast included but maybe should take more care to stay supplied. A delivery of groceries was made while we had breakfast but still no fruits were put on the breakfast counter.
Still a great hotel but maybe they should put a little more care to breakfast. When traveling it is the convenience of not having to stop elsewhere to get breakfast that is important not the $5 you save.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Willi442
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
Hampton Inn Front Royal
Hampton Inn Front Royal
#1 of 10 in Front Royal
Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley? Share your experiences!