“A community gem”
Review of Strasburg Museum

Strasburg Museum
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Strasburg
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We visited this museum on a Saturday, which I recommend. That's when John is there to demonstrate his extensive train system through a day and a night scene. The rest of the museum is on two levels. One could easily spend hours there. Admission is very very reasonably price at &3.

4  Thank Feenixwest
"railway"
"pottery"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2014

A small museum loaded with interesting stuff. Don't miss the train cars attached to the building. It has native American, civil war, early settlers, pottery, and all sorts of exhibits. Certainly worth the $3 admission (50 cents for little kids). It closes for 6 months for the winter.

2  Thank RichardVA
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stopped here on our way from Arlington to West Virginia and enjoyed the time we spent here. Although not big, the museum is crammed full of historical items, from old baby carriages to a moonshine still, to an old salon hairdryer. Although things weren't as well labeled as some fancier museums, it was fun just to wander around. Out back, there is a train car that has a model railroad setup inside. We were lucky enough to be here when the builder was working on the track. It was really a very cool setup. He explained how he made the background mural from photos that he had taken of the local area and then combined pictures of old buildings and cars. He even had an area, where you could lean over and place your head close to the track as the train was coming get a real-life perspective. A fun place just to walk around and well worth the price at $3 for adults.

2  Thank Lance P
Reviewed 6 February 2014

For those who want to explore a bit in this small, but quaint town of Strasburg, the Strasburg Museum is a wonderful little side venture, especially for train enthusiasts. I plan to go again when I have more time to linger. I was on my way out of town, needing to return home, but stopped in to 'check it out' for future reference.

I was not disappointed and the staff were very courteous and helpful, as well as being understanding of my need to make a quick perusal of the museum. I highly recommend visitors stop by the museum, and if possible, linger much longer than I did. I plan to return!

2  Thank poopsie017