“Room was old but seemed clean,however there was a dead...”

Knights Inn Suffolk
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Granite Bay
“Room was old but seemed clean,however there was a dead...”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Room was old but seemed clean,however there was a dead cockroach in the bathroom. If it wasn't so late and we were so tired we would have left. As it was i did not sleep well. Also morning coffee was cold. We will not be staying at a days Inn again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Charles R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Granville
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We travel extensively, and we have never been treated with such utter disrespect as we had when we stayed at Days Inn, Suffolk, VA! Upon arriving, I presented the owner a copy of my reservation, for three nights, which I had made via Wyndham at a discounted rate. She informed me that she charged $20 more a night, and immediately doubled the tax on the reservation. She seemed determined to find any additional fees to add to our bill, including our children, which "stay for free" at Days Inns! She presented me with an "information" card, in which she proceeded to write my credit card and security numbers on. At this point, I was beyond furious, but went to our room. I returned shortly and informed her that I wanted the difference returned. She, begrudgingly, refunded the difference. She, apparently, lives on the premises, because she is the only one that comes to the desk, several, if not, numerous minutes after you ring the bell. Each, and every time, she greets you with a reprehensible demeanor, often in monosyllables! We had to return home after the second night, and informed her at noon, that we were going to have to leave the following morning and needed to cancel our reservation for the last night. Any hotel that we have ever stayed at, has always reimbursed us when we have cancelled prior to 4:00 pm. She refused, because "she was already giving us a discount on the room". Please, please, please, reconsider staying here! There is a very nice Econolodge across the road, along with several others, 2 miles in town. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The treatment alone, completely ruined our visit to VA.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Parkland, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2013

If you like room decor when nothing matches except for the cigarette burns, in a no smoking room, then this is the place for you. The extra $15 pet fee was not mention on the site so I paid over a 100 dollars for this junk. I should have stayed at LaQuinta.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The bathroom was filthy, there was mold on the shower curtain. There was no hot water either. Some of the towels were not clean (they had someone else's hair still in them). The toilet is filthy (I refuse to use it so I guess I will be holding it until I get to a rest stop) I asked for non-smoking but obviously got a smoking room; the smell was awful. There were old mattresses sitting outside the room and I am almost sure I saw blood stains on the ground. I ended up here only because everywhere else was sold out...and now I know why this one wasn't. Definitely not worth the money. Seriously, where are the health inspectors?

Room Tip: DO not stay here. Sleep in your car if you must, but don't stay here