“Serious mismatch between building outside appearance and room quality”

Knights Inn Suffolk
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Riverview, Florida
“Serious mismatch between building outside appearance and room quality”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The ONLY reason we stayed was because our water pump went out and we needed to be able to take showers to go to work...within 5 minutes of being there my husband was approached by another guest asking if he wanted to by drugs...the towels while clean were stained with what looked like greasy foot prints/mud stains...the extra pillow was found in a draw that had stick stuff inside of it...the counter top in the sink area had a filmy and streaky appearance to it as it had been cleaned with a dirty rag...the toilet ran every 3-5 minutes all night...the pillows were horrible and both my husband I woke up with massive migraines. The front staff writes down you entire card number, expirations date and security code...yeah I cancelled that card and requested a new one after the charge posted...at check out the front staff wasn't there so I called the number on the "If you need front staff call..." I had to call it twice to get someone to answer and then when they did they asked what hotel I was staying at...Seriously???? I'm truly surprised that Days Inn would allow this hotel to operate as a Days Inn. I honestly don't know if I'd ever stay at a Days Inn ever again because of this one.

Room Tip: A tip to help choose a good room? My tip would be don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AE E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have never in my life been treated with so much disrespect and absolutely terrible customer service. The Suffolk Days Inn is a horrible representation of the Days Inn name and they should be ashamed to have this place and people represent them. I booked a room over the phone at approximately 9:06am on 7/4/2014 using my credit card. I talked to a foreign male who is apparently "boss man". Everything was fine and the total cost came to $91.00. I told him I'd be arriving around noon and he said that's fine. On the way to this location I was informed of a family emergency and immediately had to turn around and head back home. At approximately 10:14am I called this Days Inn back and a younger sounding man answered the phone. I told him my situation and informed him I had to cancel my reservation. He asked did I book online or verbally through the phone. I informed him verbally through the phone. He then began talking to someone else in the background and said "this guy may a reservation verbally with boss man and needs to cancel". A foreign woman then picked up the phone and began speaking broken English. She rudely asked "what's the problem"? I told her I need to cancel and before I could finish talking she cut me off and her exact words were.. "It doesn't matter, we are charging your card and you've already been explained this bye" and hung up on me. I immediately called right back at 10:16am and asked her why she hung up on me? She stated that she has customers at the counter and told me to call back around 1 and ask the boss man if I can cancel the reservation and get a refund. This particular Days Inn cancellation policy on THEIR website states that if you cancel before 4:00pm on the date of your reservation you will be refunded your money in full. This place is absolutely ridiculous. I will be calling and emailing Days Inn corporate and demand an explanation to the behavior of this establishment which represents their brand. I also will be disputing the charge and possibly seeking legal representation for the simple fact that their words and their policy which is clearly stated on their website contradict each other. My advice is to stay as far away from this place as you can and due to the behavior of this place I will never in my life even attempt to stay at another Days Inn again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Koatom00723
Granite Bay
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Room was old but seemed clean,however there was a dead cockroach in the bathroom. If it wasn't so late and we were so tired we would have left. As it was i did not sleep well. Also morning coffee was cold. We will not be staying at a days Inn again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Charles R
Granville
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We travel extensively, and we have never been treated with such utter disrespect as we had when we stayed at Days Inn, Suffolk, VA! Upon arriving, I presented the owner a copy of my reservation, for three nights, which I had made via Wyndham at a discounted rate. She informed me that she charged $20 more a night, and immediately doubled the tax on the reservation. She seemed determined to find any additional fees to add to our bill, including our children, which "stay for free" at Days Inns! She presented me with an "information" card, in which she proceeded to write my credit card and security numbers on. At this point, I was beyond furious, but went to our room. I returned shortly and informed her that I wanted the difference returned. She, begrudgingly, refunded the difference. She, apparently, lives on the premises, because she is the only one that comes to the desk, several, if not, numerous minutes after you ring the bell. Each, and every time, she greets you with a reprehensible demeanor, often in monosyllables! We had to return home after the second night, and informed her at noon, that we were going to have to leave the following morning and needed to cancel our reservation for the last night. Any hotel that we have ever stayed at, has always reimbursed us when we have cancelled prior to 4:00 pm. She refused, because "she was already giving us a discount on the room". Please, please, please, reconsider staying here! There is a very nice Econolodge across the road, along with several others, 2 miles in town. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The treatment alone, completely ruined our visit to VA.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Parkland, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2013

If you like room decor when nothing matches except for the cigarette burns, in a no smoking room, then this is the place for you. The extra $15 pet fee was not mention on the site so I paid over a 100 dollars for this junk. I should have stayed at LaQuinta.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake
Country Host Inn
Country Host Inn
#2 of 4 in Franklin

Been to Knights Inn Suffolk? Share your experiences!