“always comfortable,” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Suffolk, Virginia
“always comfortable,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

every year we going throw the area and always stay in quality inn.and these people realy care about customers.the breakfast was very delicious,swiming pool large and clean,the room was clean.and it is easy location.

Room Tip: rooms toward swiming pool 2nd floor quiter.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tom s
SmarksVA397, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Thank You so very much for your review. We are pleased to hear that you choose Quality Inn Suffolk when you are in our area. We greatly appreciate all of our guests. We are glad you enjoyed our clean rooms, breakfast and large swimming pool. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bally, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Let me begin by stating that I am a very laid back, easy going person and I am not picky at all. After reading the reviews for this place I decided to go ahead and stay despite what I read and figured I'd be okay with the place. I was completely wrong.

First of all, I traveled here for work and drove seven hours. I called to confirm my reservation on my way only to find out that they booked me for next week instead of this week. I arrived late at night and the man at the front desk was very nice. It must have been my lucky night because he was the only employee here I found decent.

The bathroom is a joke. There is barely any room in there and for a room with three people they didn't provide us with nearly enough towels. When the house cleaner came to clean the room, she had to take our towels, wash them and then return them to us later. Next to no rooms were rented out so they had to have enough towels to give us right away. The water pressure is okay however, the water is soft and when showering I felt like I was not getting clean and not getting the soap off of me. Not to mention I had to stand in a pool of water while showering because the water doesn't go down the drain.

The room was filthy when I arrived. Someone previously used the bathroom and didn't flush it and tub had bugs and hair in it. Sticking out from under my bed was panty liners and various other pieces of garbage.

I booked through choice hotels and they advertise this hotel has a lounge and a restaurant. It does have these things but it's closed. they have vending machines in the lobby with a quarter of the slots having items in them. Their gym is a joke. They have a good variety of equipment which none of them work right. They are too cheap to even put batteries in the machines.

The air conditioner does not work at all. It was on high and was blowing hot air instead of cold. The fridge does not get cold and the food I put in there spoiled by the next morning. The room was very dusty and my allergies were driving me crazy the whole time I've been here. The one light in my room didn't work because the light bulb needed replaced. House keeping said they would replace it after I left.

While I was in the lobby getting information on area attractions the front desk clerk talked trash about a customer wanting to switch rooms because of the same issues stated above. While I was asking her a question she gave me an attitude and talked down to me as if I was the scum of the earth.

The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is it has a nice pool. The pool is 8 feet deep and a decent size which I have never come across in all my travels. The hours are 10 to 10 which is a late open but pretty normal closing time compared to other hotels I've stayed in. As 10 PM approached the clerk was out there kicking us out of the pool and didn't even give us a chance to dry off. At this point I expect nothing less from this place.

The only reason I continued to stay here is because I prefer to stay with choice hotels and this is closest by a long shot to the place I'm working while in the area. I will be contacting choice hotels to report this hotel and I will never stay here again if returning to this area. I strongly advise anyone considering to stay here, think again and look elsewhere. The price is definitely not worth it. I could have gotten better accommodations minus the pool, down the street at the Red Carpet Inn for a rate of $35 a night, compared to paying $95 a night here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank hfsaudarg
Washington, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

1st the mini fridge door wouldn't close they said they would send someone to fix it but never did
2nd the AC leaked water all on the carpet
3rd the bed fell off the frame during the middle of the night while my husband was sleeping
4th the pool that was supposed to open at 10 didn't open until 12
5th the televisions are from like 1990 or something they were old as crap
For the price we paid for this place it is very dated I would never stay here again. . Most horrible stay at a hotel ever!

Room Tip: room 228 ac leaks and sprays water on carpet
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LisaT1102
Manning, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

room was clean, but for upgraded room which we paid for here's our list of why we wont stay again,OUT DATED BAD!, room like a sardine can , shower water pressure, i have better water pressure,and the water felt like oil didn't feel like i rinsed at all,and i have bigger hand towels than there towels, THE BED, well lets say metal springs!, had to unplug lamps to work computer and chargers for cell phones and tablets.
Worst of all I know this is a, Choice Hotels, middle of the buckets hotel, but most of the people who stay are working people that bring repeat business, making them feel at home will bring in new business

Room Tip: the next town 25 minutes Norfolk stop there
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank William J
Tampa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

This is an average Quality Inn for a night. It is one of the cheaper hotels in the area, but for one night it is good. The hotel is a bit older but it works good for one night. The landscaping isn't kept up that great, but the room itself was clean. It had a pool that they were cleaning for the summer.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased that you have chosen to leave a review. Yes our hotel is a bit older but we have made numerous upgrades to ensure our guests have a very pleasant stay. We are unsure why you would say our landscaping isnt kept up that great when we do our landscaping twice a week. We do appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you at Quality Inn Suffolk again.
Oakdale, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

The staff was wonderful. Breakfast was very good and plentiful. The pool was very clean and refreshing. The beds were old and worn with one broken. It was clean and the grounds outside were nice to walk around. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Marietta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Hotel staff was very poliet. The courtesy of the staff is amazing. Best hotel experience I ever had.
Hotel is very clean. Nice breakfast in compare to other hotels we experiencesed afterwards.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family