“friendly service”
Review of Motel 6 Suffolk

Motel 6 Suffolk
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Reviewed 23 May 2013

we stay couple time in this hotel and have very good customer service and clean room.we enjoy the all u can eat break fast.the rate is vey affordable for the town another hotel on town is very expensive.

Room Tip: have always good staff working there
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tom s
SmarksVA397, Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking a moment our of your day to express your positive feedback during your last stay. We appreciate guests like you.

Next time you are in the area, you will have to stop by and stay with us again. We have made several upgrades since May.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I got married in VB, but our reception was in Suffolk so we booked a few rooms for family. Once we heard how disgusting this place was we immediately cancelled the 2 rooms that we booked for my inlaws. I cancelled and they said "not a problem" but a few days later I noticed that they still charged me for one of the rooms!! I called several times and spoke with the "manager" as we'll as called corporate to file a claim. The email I received said pretty much "prove you cancelled both rooms!" And directed any other concerns with their answers to the local manager. We are disgusted and OUTRAGED by the way we were treated!!! We will NEVER EVER EVER recommend this dump!! The staff are horrible!! Honestly they are thieves!! We eventually got our money back thru our bank. Low lives!!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2013

My family and I have stayed there multiple times and it's a good enough hotel, however the overall quality of the place isn't the best. For example, the doors to our rooms sometimes stuck, they didn't want to close all the way, you really had to shut them with some force. The rooms are a decent size and the beds are what you'd expect from a cheaper hotel. The front desk workers are nice, and the lobby is always nice and clean and tidy. The location of the place is pretty good, it's right down the road from suffolk, however, getting in and out of the the parking lot is a MAJOR pain! If you want to come out of the lot and go left, you have to go down the road to the right, and do a U turn. And the same for if you're coming in and the hotel is on you're left, you have to go all the way down to the next red light and do a U turn just to get to the place.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I stayed at this motel for work, the guy at the front desk was nice, but didn't seem like he fully knew what was going on. The room was typical motel size. The toilet ran all night the pillows were like throw pillows on a couch they were small . The room was not well kept, every outlet I tried to use to charge my phone was so old the charger would not stay plugged in. I was not impressed at all.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 2 December 2012

This hotel is basically fine for a overnight stay. Nothing fancy or outstanding but relatively clean and no problems that I could tell.

Here the problem I have with regard to their customer service: I left my cell phone charger in the room after I checked out. The hotel found the charger but will not send it to me. They expect me to drive from Richmond, VA to Suffolk, VA and back just to get my property. This hotel is so cheap they can't spend a couple of dollars to mail my property back to me?

Nice way to show your appreciation for doing business with them! This hotel will never get any future business from me (and apparently they don't care).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We wanted to visit Great Dismal Swamp - really worth it but limited options to stay close by. Having read some of the reviews was a but nervous but this was satisfactory. The room was clean and bed comfortable but the breakfast... Plastic cutlery' plastic plates and plastic food. Got to breakfast at 0800 (it didn't finish till 0930) - no cooked breakfast - they offered an egg and mine, poached, was runny, cold and served on - guess what a polystyrene plate...gave average rating 7/10 room and 3/10 b'fast

Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This was the Hotel from H$%#. To start with when, we booked the room, their was no mention of an addition pet fee.(We should have been told before arriving) and I told them I would be traveling with a little dog. When we arrived after driving 4hrs., and late for a wedding function, I didn't have time to complain about the condition of the room. It was so dirty my dog was dirty when we returned from the black sticky carpet. The only way to walk on the carpet was with shoes, & the tub had bugs and hair in it. The wall plugs had 2 inches of dust on them, the bed took up the whole room with an old TV, no fridge or microwave. This room was priced @ $75 a night, plus pet fee of $15. which with taxes made this room over $100 per night. This room should have been priced @ $39.99 if that. When we arrived from our party I went to the front desk and the clerk was repeating hotel policy and I told him I could not understand how this place was still a Quality Inn. I think he felt sorry for us and brought us towels, because of course the room didn't have any. We stayed in the room that night it was late. In the morning I looked at the pool and it was green, and they said it closed labor day, which was 5 days ago and that's why it was green. I soon found out it hadn't been open since July. It was a breeding ground for bugs. I walked around the property with my dog, and I did see bigger rooms with flat screen TV microwaves, and fridges in them. I asked the same front desk clerk from the night before and he told me they weren't pet rooms. After that I got upset!!! He was nice and moved us to the room I saw, and it was bigger and cleaner.

I wanted to talk with the manager when came in @ around 10:30 that morning. A different clerk told the manager we had 2 rooms and all kinds stuff and charged 3 pet fees. The manager did correct the problem with the bill and adjusted the room rate for the 1st night. because the condition of the room. However, the room we moved too, the air conditioner didn't work and the whole place is broken down!!!! I CAN UNDERSTAND HOW THIS PROPERTY IS A QUALITY INN!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family