“I should have known”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
North Woodstock, Connecticut, United States
“I should have known”
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

As we were traveling towards Virginia Beach from Greenville SC, I began searching for a place to stay along Rt 58. There wasn't much to choose from until we hit Chesapeake and Virginia Beach, and we knew it would be too late, so I found the Quality Inn in Suffolk. Having had some good experiences with Choice Hotels in the past, I booked a room. When we arrived the manager was nice and the lobby looked good. As we found our room, it was a disappointment. Two towels for four, one 3/4 roll of toilet paper, bedding that needed a serious upgrade, an air conditioner unit that squeezed half the night. When I went back to get towels and water from the machine it was an argument with the manager to break my dollar bills that the machine would not take. For God's sake it was midnight, give me towels and quarters without a battle. Should have driven a little farther. Oh and cleaning woman- stop smoking in every room you clean. And try really cleaning a toilet.....really?

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rachel R
SmarksVA397, Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
We apologize that your stay was not to your satisfaction when you stayed back in May.

We wanted to let you know that we have made several changes to our property since your visit. We have purchased more towels to accommodate all the guests in the room. We have also purchased new Serta mattresses and box springs. We have also have new linens on the way. Our maintenance person has been diligently working on the air conditioners.

Next time you are in the area, we would like to invite you to come visit our property again and experience all the improvements that we have made are going to be continuing to make.

Look forward to hopefully seeing you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2013

While traveling for a horse show in Wakefield Va., our family needed a place to sleep that included reasonable amenities, nice things like convenience to food, eating at the truck stop next door served that need, a need which could not be helped by the Inn's continental breakfast thanks to the horse show schedule, that show also providing the exercise opportunity, the Inn's exercise room was well equipped and next to our room, swimming being my first choice for exercise, I noticed a great size pool, a pool I could not have used because of the cold weather and the fact that the pool did not have any water in, but it looked like a great pool, and considering all these things, the value was great and the Inn's staff very helpful. I slept like a rock.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback that you left for us back in May.

We really appreciated that you took the time out of your day to say something nice about our hotel. We apologize that you did not get to enjoy the pool when you came to visit for your horse show, but we are glad that you were able to enjoy our fitness room.

We hope that we have the pleasure of seeing you again next time you are in the area.
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 23 May 2013

we stay couple time in this hotel and have very good customer service and clean room.we enjoy the all u can eat break fast.the rate is vey affordable for the town another hotel on town is very expensive.

Room Tip: have always good staff working there
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank tom s
Thank you for taking a moment our of your day to express your positive feedback during your last stay. We appreciate guests like you.

Next time you are in the area, you will have to stop by and stay with us again. We have made several upgrades since May.
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

I got married in VB, but our reception was in Suffolk so we booked a few rooms for family. Once we heard how disgusting this place was we immediately cancelled the 2 rooms that we booked for my inlaws. I cancelled and they said "not a problem" but a few days later I noticed that they still charged me for one of the rooms!! I called several times and spoke with the "manager" as we'll as called corporate to file a claim. The email I received said pretty much "prove you cancelled both rooms!" And directed any other concerns with their answers to the local manager. We are disgusted and OUTRAGED by the way we were treated!!! We will NEVER EVER EVER recommend this dump!! The staff are horrible!! Honestly they are thieves!! We eventually got our money back thru our bank. Low lives!!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 14 February 2013

My family and I have stayed there multiple times and it's a good enough hotel, however the overall quality of the place isn't the best. For example, the doors to our rooms sometimes stuck, they didn't want to close all the way, you really had to shut them with some force. The rooms are a decent size and the beds are what you'd expect from a cheaper hotel. The front desk workers are nice, and the lobby is always nice and clean and tidy. The location of the place is pretty good, it's right down the road from suffolk, however, getting in and out of the the parking lot is a MAJOR pain! If you want to come out of the lot and go left, you have to go down the road to the right, and do a U turn. And the same for if you're coming in and the hotel is on you're left, you have to go all the way down to the next red light and do a U turn just to get to the place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I stayed at this motel for work, the guy at the front desk was nice, but didn't seem like he fully knew what was going on. The room was typical motel size. The toilet ran all night the pillows were like throw pillows on a couch they were small . The room was not well kept, every outlet I tried to use to charge my phone was so old the charger would not stay plugged in. I was not impressed at all.

• Stayed December 2012
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 2 December 2012

This hotel is basically fine for a overnight stay. Nothing fancy or outstanding but relatively clean and no problems that I could tell.

Here the problem I have with regard to their customer service: I left my cell phone charger in the room after I checked out. The hotel found the charger but will not send it to me. They expect me to drive from Richmond, VA to Suffolk, VA and back just to get my property. This hotel is so cheap they can't spend a couple of dollars to mail my property back to me?

Nice way to show your appreciation for doing business with them! This hotel will never get any future business from me (and apparently they don't care).

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo