“Worst Ever”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Troy, Alabama
“Worst Ever”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is by far the worst Quality Inn I have ever stayed in. The room was dirty, I didn't dare sleep with the bedspread on the bed. The pillows smelled like loads of sweaty heads had used them. Needless to say I slept in my clothes with no pillow. The room had bed bugs. I wanted to take a shower and took one look at the tub and decided I could stand one more day without one. I did learn a lesson from this, that I WILL NEVER stay in a Hotel as bad as this one again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Timothy B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was delivering a boat in the area and needed a hotel with large vehicle parking, this hotel has a large gravel lot adjacent. This is an older property, former Holiday Inn, it appears they have been remodeling. My room seemed clean and had a small refrigerator, and for a one night stay, it served the purpose. There is a Truckstop with a restaurant and convenience store next door. They do have a complimentary hot breakfast, I thought it was pretty good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Enduroride
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here about 2 months ago and wasn't very pleased but I had to come back to the area and the Quality Inn was all that I could afford so I figured I would just deal with it again.

I arrived at the hotel, I could see they have put some effort into their landscaping. I checked in, the front desk staff was very friendly. I went to my room and opened the door. WOW! I was blown away! The room had been painted, the carpet was clean, there was a brand new mattress, flat screen TV, Microwave, fridge and a cushioned chair. I was very surprised! I very much enjoyed my stay this time.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
KSnyderVA397, Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to leave a review with such positive feedback.

Our staff members have been working hard over the last few weeks to make all the improvements that you mentioned.

We look foward to having stay at our property again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I come here each year to spend a week visiting my family in Suffolk. I always stay at this hotel. This year when I entered my room I was totally suprised! They have done so much remodeling. New mattresses, new chairs, new flatscreen televisions and fresh paint. They still offered me the same great rate. I will definately be back next year.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
SmarksVA397, Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you very much for the positive feedback!

We are glad that you returned to our property and were able to experience the improvements that our staff has diligently been working these past few weeks. We are going to continue working on upgrading our property.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Wallingford, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I came back to this hotel because of the great price and location. When we arrived the front desk lady Kimberly was very nice and recommended a fantastic place for dinner. When we went to our room we ran into the housekeeper who was also very nice. The room was clean when we got in it. It had just been repainted the carpets had been cleaned. There was also brand new beds! They were so comfortable. There was a new shower head in the shower which was nice too. It was such an improvement since last time we were here. Keep it up Quality Inn. We will be back again!

• Stayed October 2013
SmarksVA397, Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank You Mrs Snyder for the words of encouragement. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the new beds. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stopped here bc we were tired of driving for the day and thought cheap is good since we just needed a few hours sleep...big mistake picking here! We were assigned a rm on the first floor even after I asked about the first floor being musty bc I have real bad allergies and were told no, it was not musty at all. It was sooo musty that sitting on the bed actually made my butt damp! It stunk and was dirty with cracks in the walls and sagging beds.
Now being exhausted, we thought maybe we could just switch to an upstairs rm but when we walked in that one, it was just as bad (not as musty but smelly and falling apart) and the air conditioner was broken!
Took me almost an hour of dealing with the girl to get a receipt stating we were not staying so that my credit card would be repaid...and they had the audacity to make us wait for someone to check the rm to make sure WE didn't damage it in the whole 5 minutes we were there!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
We are sorry that your stay here was not enjoyable. We wanted to let you know that since the last time you stayed, we have started remodeling our rooms by tearing the walls out and replacing the sheet rock. We have also treated any mold that we found that was causing the musty smell. We have also deep cleaned the carpets in each room.

We hope that next time you are in the area, you will come back and visit us and experience the changes that we have made.

Look forward to seeing you in the future.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The mold infested room sent my daughter & wife to the emergency room. After 2 nights of sleeping in the room we discovered it over the bed, in the shower, and in the fridge. After discovering the problem and realizing that the shortness of breathe we were experiencing was due to the mold exposure, we checked out and demanded a refund. This Quality Inn is by far the worst one of I've ever stayed in. Complete dump with poor management.

Location was right off the highway and very desolate. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Room had a musty odor, and the towels were yellow which is what happens when you mix the smoking room towels with non smoking room towels. The air conditioner knobs fell off when you turned them and the whole front panel came apart... cheap!

The mattress had metal coils sticking up into our backs. Two words, 'pillow top!' Not that changing the mattress would help.

Corporate Quality Inn should conduct an audit into this particular location and shut it down!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
SmarksVA397, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
We are sorry to see that you say you did not enjoy your stay with us, however after staying with us for 2 nights (in the room with the mold in it) you extended your stay an additional night. If you room was that bad, why would you have stayed for an additional night?

On your 3rd day you then mentioned the mold and smell of mildew. The front desk agent offered to move you out of that room, you declined. We even gave you a refund for your 3rd night.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
Country Host Inn
Country Host Inn
#2 of 4 in Franklin
Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk

Been to Motel 6 Suffolk? Share your experiences!