“What a Disappointment!”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“What a Disappointment!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

What a misnomer. We reserved a first floor room due to my wife's disability. When we checked in, there were no first floor rooms available and no record of our request. Additionally, the hotel has no elevator, but that was only the beginning. When we got in the room, it had no desk or work table. TV remote did not work (manager fixed this), a glue trap was visible, ice machine on our floor did not work, pool was closed for the day due to maintenance. Rates were high for the accommodations we received.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kenny H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Troy, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is by far the worst Quality Inn I have ever stayed in. The room was dirty, I didn't dare sleep with the bedspread on the bed. The pillows smelled like loads of sweaty heads had used them. Needless to say I slept in my clothes with no pillow. The room had bed bugs. I wanted to take a shower and took one look at the tub and decided I could stand one more day without one. I did learn a lesson from this, that I WILL NEVER stay in a Hotel as bad as this one again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Timothy B
Green Cove Springs, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was delivering a boat in the area and needed a hotel with large vehicle parking, this hotel has a large gravel lot adjacent. This is an older property, former Holiday Inn, it appears they have been remodeling. My room seemed clean and had a small refrigerator, and for a one night stay, it served the purpose. There is a Truckstop with a restaurant and convenience store next door. They do have a complimentary hot breakfast, I thought it was pretty good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Enduroride
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here about 2 months ago and wasn't very pleased but I had to come back to the area and the Quality Inn was all that I could afford so I figured I would just deal with it again.

I arrived at the hotel, I could see they have put some effort into their landscaping. I checked in, the front desk staff was very friendly. I went to my room and opened the door. WOW! I was blown away! The room had been painted, the carpet was clean, there was a brand new mattress, flat screen TV, Microwave, fridge and a cushioned chair. I was very surprised! I very much enjoyed my stay this time.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
KSnyderVA397, Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to leave a review with such positive feedback.

Our staff members have been working hard over the last few weeks to make all the improvements that you mentioned.

We look foward to having stay at our property again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I come here each year to spend a week visiting my family in Suffolk. I always stay at this hotel. This year when I entered my room I was totally suprised! They have done so much remodeling. New mattresses, new chairs, new flatscreen televisions and fresh paint. They still offered me the same great rate. I will definately be back next year.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
SmarksVA397, Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you very much for the positive feedback!

We are glad that you returned to our property and were able to experience the improvements that our staff has diligently been working these past few weeks. We are going to continue working on upgrading our property.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Wallingford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I came back to this hotel because of the great price and location. When we arrived the front desk lady Kimberly was very nice and recommended a fantastic place for dinner. When we went to our room we ran into the housekeeper who was also very nice. The room was clean when we got in it. It had just been repainted the carpets had been cleaned. There was also brand new beds! They were so comfortable. There was a new shower head in the shower which was nice too. It was such an improvement since last time we were here. Keep it up Quality Inn. We will be back again!

• Stayed October 2013
SmarksVA397, Manager at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank You Mrs Snyder for the words of encouragement. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the new beds. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Southport, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stopped here bc we were tired of driving for the day and thought cheap is good since we just needed a few hours sleep...big mistake picking here! We were assigned a rm on the first floor even after I asked about the first floor being musty bc I have real bad allergies and were told no, it was not musty at all. It was sooo musty that sitting on the bed actually made my butt damp! It stunk and was dirty with cracks in the walls and sagging beds.
Now being exhausted, we thought maybe we could just switch to an upstairs rm but when we walked in that one, it was just as bad (not as musty but smelly and falling apart) and the air conditioner was broken!
Took me almost an hour of dealing with the girl to get a receipt stating we were not staying so that my credit card would be repaid...and they had the audacity to make us wait for someone to check the rm to make sure WE didn't damage it in the whole 5 minutes we were there!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
We are sorry that your stay here was not enjoyable. We wanted to let you know that since the last time you stayed, we have started remodeling our rooms by tearing the walls out and replacing the sheet rock. We have also treated any mold that we found that was causing the musty smell. We have also deep cleaned the carpets in each room.

We hope that next time you are in the area, you will come back and visit us and experience the changes that we have made.

Look forward to seeing you in the future.