“Nice overnight stopover hotel”

Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Nice overnight stopover hotel”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a stop on the way to Ocean City, MD. It was clean, comfy and the price was right. The staff and management was wonderful. Everyone I met was super friendly. They really seem to care about their hotel and it shows. It is a little off the beaten path so you will probably need a car because there is not much around to do or eat. But you can find plenty of super fun stuff in the surrounding areas with just a short drive. Breakfast was standard hotel food, but was good. I will definitely be back.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ChristinaO656
Taryn B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake, responded to this review, 23 September 2013

It is indeed rewarding to find out that the hospitality and the friendliness of the team made your time with us special.

Thank you for the kind words and for making the suggestion of renting or bringing a car. Automobile travel is important in our area. Great point to those looking to stay at our awesome hotel!

Taryn D. Boone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I absolutely loved the stay here. However there are a few things that should be changed in the bathroom. There was no soap dispenser in the shower so I had to hold the soap during my shower. The shower is also very slippery. It should be a protection down for safety. Again the overall stay was very good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

I have also noted a few points where improvement is needed, and necessary action has already been taken. Let me take the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you had in regard to the shower. It is our Brand Standard to offer bar soap. I will be sure to share your observations with our Choice Brand Representative. Also, we are researching and will address the tub strips in your room. Once again, thank you very much – we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very nice Comfort Suites. It was clean, quiet and the staff was great. Price was good too.I was there on business and it served the bill well. King room was very spacious and very comfortable. Staff was most helpful in recommending a place to eat. I recommend it highly when you are in Hampton, Newport News and the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hey BillCarraway! On behalf of the entire team of the hotel, my sincere thanks for choosing the Comfort Suites Harbourview Suffolk, A Choice Hotel, and for your review.

I will be sure to let the staff now how awesome they did in referring you to a local restaurant.

concord nc
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Pricing on snacks and drinks super pricey, epic fail on that otherwise overall great!!! Great hot tub and good breakfast variety. Needed a few more travel carts though. Liked the flat screen and the king bed was comfy. Laundry room was great too! Location was quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Taryn B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
On behalf of the entire team of the hotel, my sincere thanks for choosing the Comfort Suites Harbourview Suffolk and for your review.

I have also noted a few points where improvement is needed, and necessary action has already been taken. Let me take the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through in regard to gift shop pricing.

Lumberton, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I spent one night here in a KIng room. Very Spacious and plenty of room. Beds was very comfortable. Breakfast was more than enough. I also loved the fact I could get fresh air from the window. Although there was a party going on downstairs, it was still very relaxing. The young ladies at the front desk made sure noise was cut down by 10. They were very busy at the front desk but they handled it well. Our arrival was a bit late but it was still very busy. Parking was a bit tight for such a large hotel. Overall, I will visit again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

I have also noted your comments on the parking lot. We made every effort to offer enough complimentary parking for guests but when we have a banquet and a full house, things can get tight.

Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through in regard to parking far from the entrance.

Hardy, Virginia
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stopped on our way to the Outerbanks. Got a good deal through a discount site. Room was clean, comfortable and very large. Breakfast was very adequate, waffles, eggs, sausage, etc. Would definitely stop there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

In addition, thank you for mentioning our complimentary breakfast. Many guests find it appealing.

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I spent a Saturday and Sunday night at this hotel. I used Choice Points for the stay. The check-in took a half an hour. The employee mentioned it was her third day and was left alone on a very busy night. She did not know how to check in a person using points and another guest who reserved a handicapped room was told it was already given to somebody else. It wasn't her fault, she tried to call a manager three times before getting a response. Made for a slow start.
As for the room, I had a suite w/ a whirlpool bath that didn't work. The microwave didn't work either. Lights were out and no tissues - just an empty box. On the positive side the room was large, furniture nice and plenty of sports options on the two televisions. The frig in the room also was useful. Slept very well in the comfortable bed.
Sunday morning breakfast was a mess - not enough food or space. Hotel had various sports team and a family reunion. This morning was much better with the crowds gone. Plenty of food and seating.
Exercise room is fine and the pool looked good as well but I did not use it. They ran out of towels so there were not available after using the exercise room.
Finally , easy access from the hotel to the highway bumps this from 2 stars to three.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you very much for your review and very valuable feedback.

It is my understanding that you experienced a few unfortunate situations during your stay, and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you had to experience during your stay. Rest assured that they are isolated cases, which do not reflect the usual high standards of the Comfort Suites Suffolk in general. We have since taken the necessary action in order to address them and avoid any reoccurrence.

Lastly, I would like to thank you for your time in writing this response. Such feedback only helps us move forward and grow. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Comfort Suites Suffolk Harbourview.