“Disgusting!!”

Econo Lodge Suffolk
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Do not stay in this hotel!! The place is dirty, dirty washcloths in the bathtub, pulled down the bedspread and found multiple spiders, floors and walls filthy! The people were rude. This is one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed in!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!! Gross!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 60893Sarah_S

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I didn't expect high luxury at an EconoLodge, but this was pretty basic and needs some attention. The room itself was clean and had fridge, microwave, hair dryer. But the sink produced only hot water (had to put some in the fridge for taking pills in the morning). The shower head not great and there were water pressure issues. The breakfast buffet consisted of 2 mini bagels, 3 muffins, and some cereal. Had to ask for a tea bag. The people were friendly enough, and helped when I locked myself out of the room. It's all a little ragged around the edges, but the price was reasonable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank LeeAlbany
Reviewed 3 March 2012

When we showed up and walked in the room we were in complete disgust... the room looked as if it hadnt been cleaned in months... dirt and I mean DIRT and grime was EVERYWHERE... we were afraid to touch anything... we went to the store and bought lysol disinfectant cleaner and rags... we scrubbed that room from top to bottom and the rags looked hideous... they were completely black... we found a dead roach in the cupboard in our kitchen section... there was rolled up toilet paper stuck in the peephole in the door... i even took the the lysol and sprayed clear down the wall behind the bed praying that if there were any bedbugs that it would kill them.... I really contemplated staying in the truck for that week... when I went down for breakfast which was a half hour past opening time for breakfast the doors were still locked so i knocked and the woman came to the door in her pajamas and socks... when i walked in and went past the desk there is a door to the left to go behind the counter which she left open and there was a matress on the floor back there... assuming they sleep on the floor... they can hardly speak any english.. getting serviced was a mission in itself.. the first day i stood there for a good 5-10 min asking what repeatedly because i couldnt understand what they were saying and they couldnt understand me... i finally just shook my head no and closed the door... we travel for business and some of the guys stayed down the road at the days inn which is owned by the same people and they battled cockroaches the entire time there plus one guy had muddy footprints all over his bed... i would highly recommend if you're staying in this area that you find another hotel other than the econolodge and the days inn... it will be a nightmare for you trust me... best part of my trip were a couple of kitties that were outside my room that i would feed... =)

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jennifer4121988
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Ok we was the only four hours and my friend started too break out in red bumps so we ignored thinking that maybe it was whatever they washed there. Cloths with.........so them we discovered on my arm a black jumpy thing it was a FLEE OMG I WOULD NOT AND I DO MEAN WOULD NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank krystalyn3020
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We stayed here 4th of July weekend. Terrible service from the night staff. They are stingy with towels. The clientele is shady and the continental breakfast is all but non-existent. Myself and my daughter have been noticing welts and bumps since then and in researching the internet it appears we have been bitten by bedbugs. I pray we didn't bring them home!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family