“Two night visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lanham, United States
“Two night visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Our stay was fantastic. The staff was maginificant. The Hilton is clean, beautiful, excellent maintained grounds, near good eateries, grocery store, shopping center and exercise room. Breakfast was delicious, buffet with made to order eggs, waffles and pancakes, fresh fruit, dry ceral, milk, juice and coffee. We always enjoy our stay. We visit once or twice a year. There were six of us.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GenMgr_Brian, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
I am glad to hear about your fantastic stay with us! Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Suffolk, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

The handi cap room was not at the level expected of most hotels. We were very disappointed. My 94 /o grandmother was unable to use the restroom alone or bathe safely. We were promised a roll in shower and got a tub. The toilet was too low and she required help from her wheel chair to use the restroom. It was not until we stayed at the hotel that we discovered the Queen room did not come with a roll in shower. I went in person to secure this reservation and it was done improperly. I will not use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I certainly understand how inconvenient it is not to have the proper room type to fit your needs and sincerely apologize that we were not able to fulfill your request. I did some research and found that the room type you requested was occupied by other guests and it appears that we should have been more proactive in making adjustments to your accommodations prior to your arrival.

The honest feedback is important to us as we continually work on providing the best service and want each guest to know they can count on us for a comfortable stay.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will stay with us again.
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Upon arrival I called to verify the room I wanted was available, I arrived I was greeted by a nice looking african American woman..very easy on the eyes! I checked in only to find a roach hiding in the bathroom. I called the front desk the gentleman came up and had a fly swatter and a trash bag to kill the roach. .and expected us to stay in the room.. REALLY?? I asked for another room, it was handicap but aye it was a room. I wasnt impressed with the rooms, location, or the fact that that hotel has been roach infested per the front desk agent... (they had a lot of problems with roaches)..I dont live with roaches.. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GenMgr_Brian, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this opportunity to me as this feedback is taken seriously and I will follow up with our pest control company to prevent this in the future. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

The facility is beautiful, the food was good and the staff were excellent! The beds were hard in my opinion but still very clean. One other comment is that while in the bathroom you could hear people in the adjacent bathroom talking. Otherwise, it was a great venue - beautiful hotel and location!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your recent stay with us. We look forward to your next visit with us!
tipp city, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Our favorite place to stay in Virginia.I like the cookies and water when you walk in the door. The beds are excellent. I really like when downtown Suffolk have gatherings at the water front. Its so pretty at sunset on the water. On holidays this hotel dresses up beautifully!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I appreciate your wonderful comments and will be sure to pass them along to the team. I hope you have the opportunity to return this summer for the concerts in the park.

Thank you for staying with us!
virginia beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

My daughter and I took a trip to Suffolk for a weekend getaway. She will be graduating and we just trying to spend some quality time together. We arrived in a downpour but the front desk agent did not even notice, wow! He did not tell us about anything in regards to the hotel ie, breakfast, fitness room, etc, nothing. He just wanted to know what brought us there.

I parked the car and when we can back in the front desk agent was helping two other men do some sort of rewiring in the lobby so my daughter and I had to pass(with our luggage) around and under the wiring and bypass a ladder(with a young man on it) my daughter almost tripped.

The view from our window was great, picture perfect of the river. We got ready for bed and I notice a piece of wood under the mattress, are they that worn down, hmmmmmm. The bed spread were dingy white. The shower curtains were haphazardly put up and just looked tacky

The next morning we wanted to explore the surroundings and asked another front desk agent for directions - she stated that although she lived there all her life did not know where anything was. So sad :( So we ended up going to Wall mart. My bill was not under my door the next morning to check out, so I had to go to the front desk. I told the same young lady from the day before I did not get my bill and she acted surprise; and then printed out a bill but it looked as though the printer was running out of ink.

If we ever venture down that way again probably stay at another hotel. Even though the Hilton name is on the Front Entrance does not mean it has the Hilton Quality inside.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

The place looks nice from the outside. The inside isn't bad, but it is kind of old. The sheets made me itch. That was very unpleasant. They need to get different sheets or check the place for bugs.

The food is great. The gym isn't all that. Has a nice bar area. Not in a bad location.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GenMgr_Brian, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and we will make the necessary corrections. I've worked with our pest control company to ensure that there is not an issue at our property. However, I've logged your comments regarding our sheets. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. Thanks again for your review.