“Great extended stay Motel. Clean and Modern”

TownePlace Suites Suffolk Chesapeake
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Grove, Oklahoma
“Great extended stay Motel. Clean and Modern”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This motel gave me a great rate for an extended stay and the rooms were modern and clean. I got a 2 bedroom suite and shared it with a co-worker and the rooms were relatively soundproof. Refrigerator, microwave, stove and multiple tvs made it like a mini-apartment. Breakfast was included in the mornings and while it wasn't anything special it was a nice amenity. There is a Wal-Mart and other stores as well as restaurants nearby. The Motel also has security on patrol at night so your vehicle is safe. I'd recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Corner Suites offer the best quiet area.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
thomas l, Manager at TownePlace Suites Suffolk Chesapeake, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thanks, I am glad you and your co worker enjoyed your stay with us at TownPlace. It sounds like our kitchen met all of your needs. Yes, we do have several new restaurants that have recently opened and more to come in the area. The Wal-Mart less than half a mile away make it nice for travelers here for a few days to long term. I am glad you felt safe with our security on property yes inside and outside on patrols.

Thanks again from our entire staff,
Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I did enjoy my stay here! The management greeted guests with fresh cookies, hot tea, coffee and cocoa and a good breakfast in the morning. The facility was basically clean and modern in appearance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review and positive feed back, I hope you come back again. Being a local your opinion is very valuable to us.

Thanks from our entire staff,
Thomas
Virginia
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Our room was on the ground floor. A Small studio suite facing College Drive. The truck traffic from Sysco early in the morning is extensive and noisy. We did enjoy the ability to walk to and be offered the 3 for $30 special at Riverstone Chop House just for staying at the hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scubayogachica
Landover, Maryland
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I was very disappointed by the way that I was treated when I had my reservation confirmation in hand (booked by a relative) and was told that the relative had to be there for them to continue to check me in. I had to call the relative and put them on the phone with the desk clerk in order for her to continue my check in. Then had to wait 50 minutes for a room to be ready when check in is posted at 4pm. I arrived at 3:55!! The room itself was average. I called the front desk for additional pillows and was told that I would have to come down to get them. When I went to the front desk to get them I was given a flat pillow and was told that was the only "extra" pillow that they had. 20 minutes later the front desk clerk came to my room with another pillow that was 20x more fluffy than the one I had received from the same front desk clerk. Overall I was very disappointed with my one night stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly H
Gulf Shores, AL
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Room/bed were fine ... linens were cheap ... breakfast consisted of pancakes, cereal, and breakfast rolls (nothing hot save the pancakes you had to cook yourself) ... location is a bit out of the way and away from everything

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike C
Andrew P, Manager at TownePlace Suites Suffolk Chesapeake, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Hello Mike C.

Thank you for your responce, and I agree we are a bit rural, but our location does have some advantages for leasure travelers. We are centrally located in Hampton Roads but not in the center of a metropolitan area, we are located aproximately 45 minutes from Busch Gardens as well as the Virginia Beach ocean front.
Space for our continental breakfast is limited and we chose to add make your own waffles to our breakfast and are constantly looking into options to add or substitute items to make our breakfast better. Having been built in 2007 we are close to our renovation date and have been exploring options for our breakfast in hopes to make it more enjoyable for the guest.
I hope that in your future travels you will come back to the TownePlace Suites Suffolk and alow us to exceed your expectations.
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here Friday and Sat night. The studio room is quite small, but serviceable. They upgraded their tv from last time to flat screens. Not the highest quality town place I have stayed at, but it's clean and works.

Our fridge wasn't properly working but the maintenance guys swapped it out quickly. They were very polite. The front desk was friendly and minus my first complaint (see below), helpful.

Two complaints. We have stayed here before and as platnium elite they never give upgrades. I am not sure if it was because we were redeeming points and not paying, but if that is the case they should understand how many marriotts I stayed at last year to get my status. I had the platnium elite line put a request in on my reservation since you can only reserve a studio with points. (I even got online after we checked-in just to see if they still had one or two bedroomrooms available and they did. But the front desk was adamant they would not upgrade). Their parking lot was not full at 11pm nor at 5 am the next morning so I cant see how they were filled up. I like the location but am considering a different Marriott next time just for that reason alone. Two adults and two kids in a studio is cramped, expessially when you see online bigger rooms available.

2nd complaint was that we noted on reserving that we would have 2 kids and 2 adults. We only got 3 towels in the room and had to go down to the desk to request pillows for the pullout bed. They didn't seem to pay attention to requests made with the reservation.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jnr1005
Hello JNR1005,

I do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered durring your stay with us at the TownePlace Suites Suffolk. I am happy to hear that the Maintenance staff was attentive to your refridgerator needs. The hotel has a limited amount of upgrade rooms and had one been available we would have gladly upgraded you to one. The hotel has a very limited amount of upgrade rooms and will sometimes lag in closing them out online. Again I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that in your future travels you will continue to be one of Marriotts valued guests.
Buffalo, West Virginia
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

The TownePlace locations are always handy for ones looking to save money but cooking meals. Service was excellent, pool and location was very clean. There is a wonderful steak house within walking distance for a nice evening out. Traffic is minimum leaving the hotel. I recommend this hotel to anyone willing to drive a little further to their locations such as Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, and The OBX of NC.

• Stayed May 2013
Andrew P, Manager at TownePlace Suites Suffolk Chesapeake, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you for your response HacklerL,

It is always nice to hear that our location and service meet the needs of our guests. I hope that we will be able to meet and exceed those needs for many years to come, and look forward to your next visit.

Andrew Pline
TownePlace Suites
Suffolk Virginia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffolk
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake
Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake
Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk
Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront
Hampton Inn Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
#1 of 12 in Suffolk
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake Suffolk

Been to TownePlace Suites Suffolk Chesapeake? Share your experiences!