Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Suffolk
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
New Castle, Delaware
“great”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This hotel was great location. First time at this hotel. Will stay here again on my next trip down. The service from check in to check out was excellent. Room was clean and comfortable. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I was in the area on business, and needed a property in the west Chesapaeake area at a reasonable cost (last hotel in West Chesapeake was disappointing). The staff was friendly upon check in, and acknowledged my HI status, and they had warm cookies! I found my room very spacious (I beleive most rooms at this property are small suites with a living area and bed area). In addition the room was clean, quiet, the HVAC worked well with a fan on mode. There are 3-4 resturants within an easy walk of this property. My only disappointment with this property and that of many HIE, is with the breakfast. It is the usual HIE grub (must be spending too many nights at HIE, lol). When I return to this area, I will return to this property.

Room Tip: no major noise problems noticed
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paintman0954
Virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We've stayed at this hotel on three occasions and it had always been nice and clean. However, this time I found the room not as in the past. There was some liquid on the bathroom floor beside the toilet that I didn't want to touch - sticky looking - disgusting! When I went to use one of the hand towels it had long hairs wrapped around it. Yuck! On the floor it went. One bed skirt had some brown stain on the front...gross. The wall had been touch up with an obviously darker color paint -- careless. And when we left (making sure we didn't leave anything behind) we found a child's ball beside the bed confirming the fact that the rug probably had not even been vacuumed since the last person. Needless to say, we didn't rest well that one night. Had we not been staying only one night we would have left.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jebarb
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Suffolk, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Dear Jebarb,

Thank you for your comments as we are constantly working on improving our product and am extremely disappointed that your stay was not up to your expectations this particular day. I am truly sorry for the unusual condition of the room you received during your stay. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Waterbury, Vermont
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I arrived in Suffolk at 230 am for business and the hotel I was supposed to stay at did not have a room for me (my work was supposed to take care of booking a room for me and did not) Since they were completely booked I had to find a room. Luckily, this hotel had a room for me and at 3am, while i was frustrated, tired, jet lagged, and irritable, the staff was so polite, and professional, got me checked in with in about 5-10 minutes and I was already starting to feel better. Normally I research rooms before I stay in them and wasn't sure what to expect, but I have to stay i absolutely love this hotel. My room was on the second floor, very large size and easily the cleanest room I have ever stayed in. The decor is really nice, not tacky pastels everything is really classy looking. Bathroom is huge, two shower heads (one detachable) and has a fold down bench for the tub. Microwave and fridge in the room were a decent size, coffee maker in the room is nice but the coffee itself is only so so, any coffee snobs will probably want to just go out and get coffee (I did) Since I was here for work I needed a good place to set up my laptop, etc. and they have a very good size desk and good wi-fi. There's also a comfortable loveseat and coffee table with a standing lamp, and a lot of well placed outlets for those of us that cant travel without a multitude of electronics and chargers. Only one over head light, instead there are four lamps which I prefer but others may not like how many it takes to get the room bright at night if you need that. The staff has all been incredibly professional and helpful, the complimentary breakfast is a wonder ful spread including eggs bacon, sausage gravy and biscuits, yogurt, cereal, pancakes, waffles, muffins, cinnamon rolls, toast, and several kinds of juice. Also on site is a 24 hour gym, although not huge (only two treadmills and an elliptical) I've been using and liking it. Because of my work I come back to the room at 2:30 in the morning, and have yet to have a service unavailable at that hour. Additionally, housekeeping was really great at respecting my request to have the room cleaned later in the day so I could sleep longer, a first for me while traveling. The biggest draw back for me is that it is in a downtown area so there's not really a view or much greenery to enjoy, but ultimately, I would absolutely stay here again, and bring my family, whether for two nights or a week. If I could rate it higher, I would.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Smyrna, DE
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Stayed here recently on business. Probably the 4th or 5th time in the past 2 years. Hotel staff is almost always friendly and willing to help in whatever way. Room is clean and comfortable and generally quiet from other guests. Complimentary breakfast has been a stand-out offering each time I've stayed here. Location is convenient to main highway and there's a nice local Mexican restaurant and Ruby Tuesday's within a few feet of the hotel. The only major drawback I've ever experience, and it's happened nearly every time at this hotel, is there's a regular stream of railroad workers who stay here with large trucks and equipment that can make parking a bigger problem than it should be. Otherwise, I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Darryl A
Connecticut
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Had a suite with an electric (why bother?) fireplace. Bathroom (which took up most of the room) had a jacuzzi and separate shower. King size bed and fold out couch. BUT the fold out couch was just a tad bigger than a twin -- not enough room for two little ones, if you're looking for that. This room is the "1 King Suite whirlpool". There were two flat screen TV's but they were literally just a few feet from each other, so couldn't watch different things on different ones. Just go with the King Suite (or less). Complimentary breakfast was good. Free WiFi.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Suffolk, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Dear bjs1292,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the room's setup and amenities. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We have stayed at this property on several occasions, as we have family who lives in the area. The rooms are always clean, the breakfast is delicious and the staff goes above and beyond to make us comfortable. On our last trip there we needed a crib for our room for our infant, and I called that morning to tell them...they told us it was no problem and the crib was set up in our room when we arrived late that night (making it easy to put the little one down!). We also enjoy the fact that this hotel has a gym on site.

We will continue to stay at this property on our visits to suffolk.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
Hampton Inn Suffolk
#1 of 12 in Suffolk
Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake
Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Suffolk
Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake Suffolk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Suffolk? Share your experiences!