“Relaxing weekend!”
other travellers have booked this property
Pondview
View of the pond and mountains Snow on the mountain top
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pondview
View of the pond and mountains
Snow on the mountain top
The living room with leather club furniture and 42 inch flat screen SAT TV
Kitchen
one of two bedrooms each with two double beds
One of two full bathrooms
Hill Top
Night time
Fire pit on the porch
Sunset
Looking through the windows of Pondview
Looking across the pond
Mountain View
Tent is available for events
Hanging out by the fire
Snow at the Cabins
Summer at the Cabins
Rose River Farm Rainbow
Native Brookie
Blue Gill in the pond
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Jenlh2255...
“Relaxing weekend!”
Reviewed 18 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Stayed at the pond view cabin this past weekend with some friends. The cabin was very clean, well maintained and had all the things we needed for a relaxing weekend getaway. I can't wait to visit again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
J N
Bristow, Virginia
“Great Getaway from the hustle and bustle!!!”
Reviewed 27 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a great time this weekend at the Pond View Cabin. We were celebrating my husband's 40th birthday and he loves the outdoors...me not so much, but this was a great compromise! I enjoyed relaxing and reading my book on the front while my husband and the kids enjoyed the pond and searching for turtles. The accommodations were great too! Everything we needed for our meals in the kitchen and plenty of space in the yurt to be comfortable! It was clean and in good condition. Above all, the great views and quiet from the everyday hustle and bustle make this the best relaxing trip that we've been on in quite some time. My daughter really enjoyed herself so we'll definitely be back again!

Liked best: Views and location
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Melissa L
Richmond, Virginia
“Family, Food, Fishing, Fireside Chats & Fun”
Reviewed 9 May 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We've stayed at the cabins a couple of times. A quick trip from home for us but feels like thousands of miles away ... we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The cabins are clean, neat and well stocked. And, the combination of family time, cooking great meals overlooking gorgeous sunsets, fishing, fireside chats and fun is magic.

Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
pbracewel...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great time”
Reviewed 28 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Hi Doug-

I just stayed at your property with a few friends. We had a fantastic time.

I just wanted to send you a quick thank you for putting together such an incredible facility. The fishing was fantastic – really first-class. You’ve really done an incredible job!

I need to figure out how I can get out there to fish more often!

Thanks again…

Thanks,
Patrick

Travelling group: Friends
Happiness...
“Ms”
Reviewed 26 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Fantastic relaxing stay. A perfect combination of mod cons but still the best atmosphere Pond outside the door and top fishing. Mountain view so beautiful. The most wonderful respite

Seth G
Richmond, Virginia
“Fantastic Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed 25 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My wife and I spent 3 nights in the Hilltop Cabin and can't say enough about how fantastic the whole experience was. The cabin was beautiful inside and out. There is a nice covered porch and patio with a grill and fire pit outside, and inside, every amenity you would find in a nice hotel. We especially enjoyed the privacy that the Hilltop provides- makes you feel like your the only ones there. Douglas(owner) was extremely helpful in making sure that everything was just right for our trip. Earl stops by daily to make sure everything is to your liking and replaces any firewood you might have burned the previous night.

Now the fishing.... My wife and I booked a guide through Rose River, which I would recommend if your a 1st timer like we were. John was extremely patient and very knowledgeable and a great teacher/coach. He had my wife and I both hooked into monster Rainbows in the first 30-45 minutes and the action didn't stop. He was able to impart enough of his wisdom to my wife and I, that we continued to catch fish after we parted ways that afternoon as well as the following day.

All in all, it was an incredible weekend. We couldn't have asked for a more pleasurable experience. I highly recommend a visit to Rose River Farms.

Liked best: everything
Liked least: that we couldn't stay longer
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Ryan P
Arlington, Virginia
“Paradise in the Piedmont”
Reviewed 4 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My family celebrated my 30th birthday with two nights at the Mountain View Cabin and a day of fishing at the farm. We borrowed a couple of pairs of hip waders and a spare fly rod from the barn fly shop and hooked into some of the finest brook, brown, and rainbow trout I've ever seen. The highlight for of the weekend was the opportunity to hold up a big rainbow for my 8mo. old son to touch and experience for the first time.

The cabins are beautiful, well appointed, and a great place to turn of your cell phone and unwind. Bring some charcoal with you and take advantage of the grill and outdoor fire pit.

My wife and sister enjoyed a free wine tasting and afternoon at DuCard just down the road, complimentary for cabin guests.

We'll be back! This is truly a special place.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing