“What a great staff to work with!”

Days Inn Tappahannock
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tappahannock
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My son is a college student at Clemson University and was awarded an internship working with Helena Chemical Company in Tappahannanock, Va. Long story short, the housing that was originally set up through the internship unexpectedly fell through. He ended up staying for 13 weeks at the Days Inn. Mrs. Nancy and her staff went above and beyond taking care of him during his stay. They did his laundry, took him where ever he needed to go, and made sure they kept his room clean daily. Mrs. Nancy became his mom away from home and totally gave his father and I a piece of mind knowing he was being looked after so far from home. They treated him like he was a member of their family out of the goodness of their heart. I could never thank them enough for their unconditional hospitality - you just don't find people like them much anymore. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to feel like they have never left home. :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly but service wasn't very good. Housekeeper did not clean out my coffee pot or leave me more coffee cups and sugar/stirrer packets. Not a big deal but it should've been done. You can't tell who the workers are at the front desk because they don't have uniforms.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We are arrived on Friday June 27th for a two night stay to attend a family reunion. I usually do not stay at "motels" but it was the only hotel/motel in the area that had availability. The property has two levels...the fist level being the "motel" area with the outside door entrance. The upper level had the "hotel" area with indoor entrance. We are requested at check in to be on the second level and the hotel representative said "no problem and we have you already on the second level". We were happy that they were to accommodate us. The room was OK but very clean. The room could use some "updating" but overall it was nice especially for the cost. We didn't have any issues at all. I can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff members. They were AWESOME and so very nice. Every time they would see us they would ask if we were OK and if we needed anything.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Valarie G
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel was perfect and met all our needs for this busy July 4th weekend. The prices were incredible for what you received. The rooms included a new flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, desks, and a spacious bathroom that looked rather new. Check out time is at 11am but they are willing to let you stay longer if you need be. They also let my family check in early (11am) instead of the traditional 3pm which was awesome. Nancy (the manager of the hotel), was incredible, so gracious and accommodating. She went out of her way to assist me with directions when I was lost and to make my stay relaxing and stress free! She is an excellent manager and very easy to work with. The hotel also had an employee (I have forgotten his name), but he was young and helped me carry my many bags to my room. Unfortunately, the hotel does not have an elevator so we had to go up stairs to the second floor, so having his help made the process so much easier! We definitely will be returning. I am not a dedicated client of this hotel. Overall great experience!
Note: hotel does have a little breakfast which is refreshing, does not have a swimming pool or fitness center....most hotels in the area do not. Not a big deal at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Foegeme
Reviewed 23 June 2014

First off, the staff here is very, very friendly. No problem there. However, they don't have much to work with.

The rooms aren't terrible. But they are on the shabby side. Our room was a non smoking room that smelled of cigarettes.

I went down to the breakfast but couldn't find anything that looked appealing.

As the title states....there are better choices in Tappahanock.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveler T
Reviewed 17 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tappahannock
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock
#2 of 3 in Tappahannock
Washington & Lee Motel
Washington & Lee Motel
#1 of 1 in Montross

Been to Days Inn Tappahannock? Share your experiences!