“We will be back!”

and 1 more site!
Southside Motel & Marina
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tappahannock
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Boyfriend and I decided to take a weekend trip out of town with the kayaks. My neighbor had stayed at this motel before and said very good things about her experience so we decided to try it for ourselves.
The owner is delightful and very accommodating. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The room prices are extremely reasonable, therefore I didnt mind the dated decor at all. The pool at the property looked clean and inviting, but we were there to kayak and fish so we skipped the pool. I love that I could actually walk to the Dock from the back of the motel - we fished from the dock on Friday night until 2am without any worries. Local police stopped in and asked if we had any luck fishing - officers were very friendly and made me feel safe. Saturday we launched kayaks from the dock and caught nine cat fish - actually I didnt catch any but my bf did using squid for bait.
We will definitely return to this quaint little motel on the water. It had all the features that we could have hoped for at such an affordable price - king size bed, fridge and microwave. The owner's friendly disposition was the cherry on top.

Room Tip: Next time I will definitely choose a room poolside. We stayed two nights in a street facing room, a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cjw25

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I've stayed here a many times in the past. It's the only motel with a pool and it's always clean. Would bring my kids here n have a ball all day. I stay here every time I'm in the area. Always clean and the owners are excellent. Guess u can't help the flies since it's so close

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Eugene D
Reviewed 10 July 2011

My husband and I were in town for business, he had stayed here before in Summer '10. It is not new, interiors probably date back to the early 60's. It was quiet and clean. There are quite a lot of flies in the area, and yes, they came into the room. My husband said the pool was clean when there last. I loved the huge pink bathtub, lots of hot water made for a good nights sleep after a long days work.
You can walk down to the water & pier, and crab is you wanted.
Anything you would need is very near by.
It is owned by a nice Indian family who live on the premises.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank ljewell
Reviewed 11 July 2008

I needed one night since my son was at the Bayport Scout camp and I came down friday night for the campfire and drove home early Saturday morning. The room was reasonably clean. I did have a few flies in the room, but roadside motels can have this since the door opens into the parking lot. I would stay here again, mostly because the reviews of the other hotels in the area were horrible, and this place was good enough.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ppt4
Reviewed 4 November 2007

Gave 4 stars for the value. We arrived driving through town. Very dismayed with the appearance of the Days Inn. We drove here.

The place was good for the $50.00. Quite, clean and near the river. I believe, the family lives behind it.s

We stayed in a non-smoking rooms which are the closest to the quiet area with a glimpse of the river. I'd return although it wasn't the newest; it was a good and clean value.

Great town to visit. Go ask the locals about the cliff area to the east and the eagles!!! Antiques are great and quiet nice town!!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank RoseyJake
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tappahannock
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock
#2 of 3 in Tappahannock
Essex Inn
Essex Inn
#1 of 3 in Tappahannock

Been to Southside Motel & Marina? Share your experiences!