“4th Wine is the Charm”

Add it.
Forlano's Market
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Broad Run, Virginia
“4th Wine is the Charm”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I invited a colleague to lunch. I called ahead to see if we would need reservations. (Last week, in the middle of the week, when my in laws were in town, the place was v crowded so we asked when they could seat us. They said maybe 30 minutes so we walked around the area shops. Then, thirty minutes later just when we were about to take our seats, they gave our table away. What?? ) So, thinking that was an off day, I returned today to meet a colleague. We took a table in the corner and ordered a bottle of wine. The waitress came back and told us they were out of that wine. Hmm. Ok so we found another wine. Well, it turned out they were out of that wine too. However, it seems our waitress was told that the cab franc from Italy that we wanted could be easily substituted with a cab franc from VA. Really? She poured us a glass and we both kind of grimaced. We then moved onto what would be our 4th choice. I was thinking, One day this will be comical, but right now this is embarrassing. My colleague looked over at the bottles of wine the waitress was looking at and then just reached over and said, “how about we open this one?” which was good…at least we knew it was in stock.

As for lunch….it gets better. We both ordered the roasted vegetable quiche. Except, well, they only had enough for one veg quiche. They could, however, make a crab quiche which my colleague quickly agreed to. So about 20 minutes later our quiches and salads arrive. As I tasted crab, I thought, oh no, I’m eating my colleague’s lunch. No, it would appear that they made crab quiche for both of us. Hmm. I would have never in my life ordered a crab-anything. I like crab, but not in my cakes and not in my quiche.

If this was my first or our second mediocre outing at Forlano’s, I’d give them a pass. Unfortunately, it wasn’t. I really enjoyed the first few dining experiences there. I’ll keep watching for the reviews to see if they improve. I sincerely hope they do. It seemed to have so much potential.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AnnMarieDave

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“This was ok”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have heard many people rave over this place but we just didn't feel it. My husband had a breakfast there and it was fine. There is no where to sit and it's so small in there it was just uncomfortable for us.

Visited August 2012
“Great stuff”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Great stuff from local farmers! Highly recommend sitting outside when weather permits. The calamari and bibb salad arr excellent.

• Visited July 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great front porch”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This was a coffee stop in the middle of one warm afternoon. The front porch was the perfect spot for our iced coffees. Great people watching, especially seeing all the cars that do not stop at the stop sign in front of the restaurant.
The menu looked really good, too. We'd enjoy a meal there, I am sure.

• Visited June 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Perfect for a quiet night out”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My wife and I have been here a few different times, and there's a reason for that - the food is delicious and the staff is really friendly. We love their cheese steaks for lunch, but really you can't go wrong with anything they have on the menu. We definitely recommend that you make the trip to this little restaurant that seems to be in the middle of no where for the dinner. Make a reservation and they'll have your table waiting for you. The menu is always changing and after splitting an appetizer and salad, eating our own entrees, and then each having a dessert, we were left feeling the perfect amount of full. This is one of our favorite places to go when we want a quiet night out together.

Visited June 2013