“Super dooper!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eckhard's

Eckhard's
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Topping
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Irvington, Virginia
“Super dooper!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

The owner/chef is in the kitchen and his wife man's the door! Great combination, as they both care. The German background shows through with the excellent dishes from that Country which are served. The help is mostly country style with big smiles and big hellos! "Honey" all around! One of our guests, a former Governor, replied, "I am not honey". Boy is he right!
Can't think of any reason to stay away, on the contrary, every reason to get in there and try them out. The food and drink is exceptional.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Herb A

Richmond, Virginia
“Eckhard's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Nice atmosphere and the staff pays attention to details while hustling to meet your needs. Decent German food and a super prime rib on Fri and Sat. Reservations recommended.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank V Wayne Speedy L
Virginia
“German is not the Main Act Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We have eaten at Eckhard's many times over the past few years. We knew the background of the restaurant but when we met the new owner, Chef Don admitted that he had kept the German menu primarily because of old line customers that wanted it. We found that to be GREAT because having eaten in several "fine " German establishments (including some in Germany) we never really liked German food anyway. Over the past few years we have found Don to be one of the most inventive and creative chefs we have known. He is always willing to experiment and not afraid to come out to the table and ask how it was. He will always admit to a "mistake" and I am not afraid to tell him what I think of the food. I am happy to say we have not been disappointed often. Hint: Explore the specials before you look at menu entrees. Also try to go back a couple of times if you can......it is by far the best restaurant in this area. (Tides Inn included!) If you only want German....look elsewhere. Oh by the way, regarding the wait staff....the Hon, and Darlin' stuff is a signature tradition of the place...most of the lady servers are real characters.....the first one we had was from Baltimore and I think that's where the "Hon" started. If that's not your cup of tea...go to the Tides Inn!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dookie69
Accokeek, Maryland
“Great menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our dinner at Eckhard's. The menu has a wide variety of items, and everything we ordered was delicious. We will definitely come back.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dee A
Kilmarnock, Virginia
“Dining at Eckhard's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

It's A really nice restaurant.I go there on special occasions.The last time I went there was on A Mothers Day.I believe the price for the three of us was $105.One thing that would be better would be A better selection on their menu.And I believe the vegetables are slack.I see that on many high end establishments.I believe it's A mix of vegetables.I mean they do have different potatoes that you can order.Other than that the service is good.

• Visited May 2013