Comfort Inn Troutville
US$117
Fairfield Inn
US$95
Country Inn
All reviewsfront deskrubber duckroom was cleancappuccino machinehot and cold optionspet feelook elsewherebreakfast bargreat ratemaintained propertytake photosevery staff memberroom pricebreakfast ladyplace to staynext morningrestaurant next door
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I recently stayed in the Troutville Comfort Inn for the night to break up my driving. I was told my assigned room was changed because there were a lot of teens at the hotel. I assumed that meant I was given a room in another section. The check in process went smoothly and I was given directions to my room. The room was a good size and I liked that there were firm and soft pillows to choose from. The rubber ducky in the bathroom was a cute touch. The water pressure was aqequate so no complaints with that. The walls are quite thin though as about the point I was trying to fall asleep, is when I figured out my room was near the teens. They were racing in the hallway with the luggage carts. The breakfast room is good sized but my waffle lacked flavor and I didn't finish it. So I'd suggest grabbing a bite elsewhere. Checkout here was slow as the desk clerk had disappeared. When she returned I then had to wait for her to checkout the others before me. Since all of us had already paid I am still puzzled what took so long. I doubt I'd stay here again if I was in the area as there are better options.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your comments, and I will most certainly look into these. I am pleased that your room was alright and that check in went smoothly, sorry about the walls though. I will look at room placement we try and keep team rooms all in one area of the hotel.I am curious to know was the waffle in question of the flavored variety, if so I will have to look into this as well because everything is premeasured so I am at a loss there. I will also have to find out about the clerk they should be at the desk . If there is anything I can do for you, you may contact me by phone 540-992-5600, or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com.
Thank you again for your comments they are always helping us to improve.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a very convenient place to spend a peaceful night night when traveling on I-81. It is located on Rt.#11 close to that highway and has a large separate parking area for trucks and vehicles towing a trailer. Our room was near the road but we did not hear much traffic noise. Breakfast was good had numerous selections, which made it nice. Place was very clean. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your comments. I must say we are an easy on easy off property to the interstate. The hotel is a very quiet place to rest your head. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We do have a wonderful housekeeping staff here. We look forward to your next visit with us. If I can help in anyway please feel free to contact me by phone 540-992-5600, or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com. Where ever your travels may take you may they always be safe. Until next time.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My partner and myself stayed here early may this year.
Room was a good size well furnished clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was reasonably good.
Location was ok for us (we were touring)
Unfortunately the pool was out of order.(disappointing as we like to sit and read around the pool)
All in all could not complain about value for money,but had I known the pool would be unavailable
I would have looked elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thanks for the review and kind words. I'm sorry we disappointed you with not having the pool open. Unfortunately, it doesn't get warm enough in this part of Virginia to have the outdoor pool open before the end of May. I'm pleased we hit the mark with other aspects of your stay. I hope you will visit us again and I would be happy to assist with reservations. Feel free to contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Thanks again for visiting us and sharing your comments for other travelers.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and the bed was comfortable. The shower had excellent water pressure and the tub had a non-slip surface and a safety rail. There's a nice restaurant nearby. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and the bed to be comfortable. I am also glad you enjoyed the shower. Did you eat at the Italian restaurant. If you are ever in our area again and in need of a room please feel free to contact me either by phone 540-992-5600 or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com. Until then may you have safe and happy travels.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

A lot of pluses awaited us at this motel, which we were trying for the first time. For anyone getting on or off I-81, this is an especially good location, as it bypasses downtown Roanoke but is still not too far away if you need access to the city. We liked the wide hallways and generous-sized room, and were able to get a convenient handicap parking spot. The staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. Minor shortcomings: (1) A surprisingly small bathroom for such a large room, (2) No handicap handle bar at the rear of the shower, (3) No adjustable shower head, and (4) No privacy curtain (i.e.,semi-transparent) at the window. If we need to stop in the Roanoke area again, we will certainly keep this place in mind.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank genealogynut
gm413, General Manager at Comfort Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

First let me thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the room. Unfortunately I can do nothing about the size of the bathroom and I do apologize for that. I am glad that the staff treated you well and you got to enjoy the breakfast. May I ask though if you were indeed in a handicap room because they do infact have the hand held shower head. I am sorry we do not have shears on the windows just the blackout drapes. If there is anything I can help you with please feel free to contact me either by phone at 540-992-5600 or email gm.va413@choicehotels.com and I will do my very best to help you. Until then my you always have safe and happy travels.