“always a great meal”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We have eaten at Coastal Flats a number of times, including a couple of weeks ago. It is amazingly consistent and very, very good. Each table is served by a team, and they are super-fast and friendly and helpful. The menu is not cookie-cutter, and they will adapt as you need as well. I really like the salads, but the kitchen is good across the board. When you can't shop anymore, stop in here, you will enjoy it.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a chain restaurant specializing in fish and seafood. There are also a handful of grilled chicken / ribs entrees. The outlet in Tyson corner mall is huge, with booth seating, and seemed very popular when visited one evening.

Service was bright and cheerful, and pleasingly not rushed, as can be the case in so many US restaurants. A little bread and butter is brought to the table to nibble while selecting your meals was welcome.

An entrée of grouper with corn was well presented and colourful. However a single crab cake was served with too many fries, a pleasant coleslaw, but appeared to have collapsed during cooking or handling and was sadly a little soggy.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We dropped into Coastal Flats while shopping at Tyson's Corner Center. This was our first visit in abut 4 years. Arriving around 12:30 PM, we had a short wait (10 minutes) for a table. Upon seating, our server came right over, explained the day's specials and took our drink order. From the time we placed our entree order until it arrived was timed perfectly. The food, (crab roll and blackened shrimp) exceeded our expectations. All in all, a great lunch on a rainy, dreary day.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have eaten at Coastal Flats, and many of the other Great American Restaurants before. Coastal Flats is my favorite restaurant at the Tysons area. The service is great and the food is amazing. The servers all are attentive. The Ozzie balls, which are given in the bread basket, is some of the best bread given at a restaurant. I get the Crispy Two Noodle Shrimp Salad when I go and it never disappoints. We went yesterday for lunch and really really enjoyed our meal. If you are at Tysons mall go here.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

My daughter, best friend and I had lunch here on Sunday November 3. The food was great. I had the Hickory Grilled Chicken Breast, my daughter and friend had the Coastal Shrimp Roll. We also ordered a children's cheeseburger for my grandson. The portions were large and very filling. We wanted to order a dessert but we just couldn't eat anything else. Would definitely recommend. It is a little pricey but well worth it.