“Great dinner”
Review of La Sandia

La Sandia
Reserve with OpenTable
La Sandia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 96 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Chicago, Illinois
“Great dinner”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My daughter and I went here when all the other places in the mall were over a 20 min wait on a rainy Fri night. I'm glad we ended up here. The waitress was very nice, especially when my daughter's meal was not what she thought it would be. The waitress had no problem placing a new order, getting it out fast, and they only charged me for the meal my daughter actually ate. I had steak tacos, they had great flavor. The rice was a little salty for my taste. Overall it was good food, we would go back if we were ever back in the area.

• Visited October 2013
LaSandiaTC, General Manager at La Sandia, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for your feedback, please let me know the next time you are in Tyson's, I would like to meet you and your friends,

Washington, Virginia
“Good mexican restaurant”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Variety of dishes, like their guacamole and Jalisco shrimp enchilada, and Agua Fresca (watermelon juice, in Spanish Sandia means watermelon) Nice atmosphere, restaurant inside a busy Mall.

Visited October 2013
Hi Leila48,

Thank you for your feedback, please let me know the next time you are inTyson's, I would like to meet you and your friends,

709 893 2222
“Wow! What a great find! Fajitas!!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I can't believe anything would say anything bad about this place. As far as value goes, I don't think any if the other restaurants that side of the mall come even close. The atmosphere could be a bit better and maybe more actual Latin music than whatever was playing yesterday for lunch. That being said, the steak and shrimp fajita combo was AMAZING!!!!! The peppers and onions were perfect and not over cooked like some many other Mexican joints. The Mexican rice was like a pilaf but so much tastier, a burst of flavor, perfectly moist and not over boiled , or however it is they are making it. The refried beans were not the typical pinto bean mash, but rather black beans, this was a tasty treat.
My server was James, and he did a great job, he seemed very knowledgeable about everything and I was never looking for him, he was always right on cue.

I will be coming back again soon for the amazing happy-hour.

• Visited September 2013
LaSandiaTC, General Manager at La Sandia, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, please let me know the next time you are in the area, I would love to meet you in person,

Ascot, UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First & Last Visit”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Was longing for Mexican food and had to go to Tyson's Corner Mall, so I immediately headed for La Sandia. It was my first visit, and sadly my last. The rice was dry, the enchiladas had a strange kind of sour taste, and the black beans were too spicy to eat. I left half of my food.

When I arrived early on a Friday evening, there were few people in the restaurant. I put it down to the hour. But when I left, the restaurant was still only about a quarter full while the neighboring restaurants were hopping. It makes sense to me.

I'm surprised by earlier reviews. I grew up in the South-West and I have eaten many variations of Tex Mex and more authentic Mexican food. This was neither.

A real disappointment when I was so longing for a good Mexican meal.

• Visited September 2013
LaSandiaTC, General Manager at La Sandia, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Hi Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, Service and food is very important to us. I have personally looked your comments with my staff and we spoke about ways of communication. I would like very much to invite you and a friend on the house . Please let me know whenever you'd like to come in please cal me or email me,

earbelaez@richardsandoval.com
Arlington, Virginia
“Great service and fresh Mexican cuisine: nice combo!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My wife and I happened to find this place while strolling in the Tyson Mall and have now eaten dinner there twice. On both occasions, our waiter Chris J. took excellent care of us. Without trying to sell the menu, he thoroughly explained the dishes and their fresh ingredients. He listened to my order including a food allergy and made sure that i would not have to worry. I enjoyed the carne asada, and the fajita combo as well as the table side prepared guacamole. Wow! My wife found the quesadillas special. The grilled chicken inside tasted like it was cooked on charcoal. Great margaritas! As a bonus, the second time was during "happy hour"!

• Visited August 2013