To summarize our experience: customer service is lost in translation, rooms are adequate.
We have have arrived at around 2:00 PM and our room was not ready. Check-in time is 4:00 PM, but I thought that it was a bit odd that by 2:00 PM our room was not ready. We were not alone waiting. I noticed that other people were sitting in the lobby chatting about their room not being ready. Our relatives and I sat at the bar and drank some coffee (sic! a cup of single cold and burned espresso is $4 plus tip. I re-ordered, alas, with the same deplorable temperature results). Our relatives had arrived a day earlier, so we had time to catch up. The staff of the cafe/bar is not particularly well-trained in what they do. First, you get greeted by 3 people swarming around you. Then they run away, then they come back in turns and ask if you need something even after you place your order. They pose a question, do not acknowledge the answer but just move to another customer without as much as looking at you. I ordered, but my relatives did not, and for some reason, they were not asked if they wanted anything. And there were a total of 6 people in the entire cafe. I can imagine what it is like to be served there when they have more visitors!
I decided to check on the status of cleaning at 3:45 PM and was informed that it would take another 45 minutes to have our room ready, that is it would be 4:30 at the earliest. However, there were other rooms, similar to ours, just not on the same floor as those where our family was staying. We agreed to take the room that was ready.
The staff of the hotel was very nice, but everybody seemed to be utterly lost and confused about their duties. They all looked very nervous and uttered something about doing their best to help. They could not find my reservation, it turns out that they were looking by my first name from my ID :) They promised to call me when the room would be ready. They did not. They obviously did not know how to handle a line of people. There were many people just waiting to be checked in.
I suppose it is improper to expect something in return for a mishap, but no offer was made. We had to pay for parking, no free wifi in the room, not even drinking water is available.
Overall, this was far from a disaster, and the room was clean and everything was in good shape, but there is definitely a lack of adequate customer service. Again, the personnel was nice, just not completely ready to service the front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accessible yet sophisticated, Tysons Corner Marriott is an ideal choice for travelers visiting the Northern Virginia area. Our convenient hotel in Tyson's Corner is near notable Fairfax County cities like McLean, Reston, and Vienna, and our hotel is close to an array of local businesses, top dining, and world-class shopping. Arrive by way of the nearby Tysons Corner Metro and experience our hotel's superior service, upscale accommodations, and thoughtful amenities. Our modern guest rooms and suites boast luxurious details like plush bedding and flat-screen TVs. Dine with us at our signature on-site restaurant, Shutters Bar & Kitchen, or get active in our 24-hour fitness center and indoor pool. If you're visiting for business, consider utilizing our 10,000 square feet of meeting space, or take advantage of our shuttle service to escort you to one of the nearby corporations. We look forward to hosting you here at Tysons Corner Marriott for work, play, or a mix of both. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tysons Corner Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tysons Corner Marriott Hotel Vienna
- Marriott Tysons Corner
- Marriott Hotel Tysons Corner
- Marriott Vienna
- Vienna Marriott