“Old Standby Restaurant in Tysons Corner”

Chef Geoff's Tysons
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Geoff's Tysons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 100 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: International Drive
Description: Chef Geoff’s newest restaurant is in the heart of Tysons Corner. Our expansive menu is designed to please. Try some of our favorites like Big Shrimp and Very Gouda Grits, the tender Filet Mignon with Warm Bacon Relish, or our handmade Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Truffle Butter. Join us on Sundays for brunch and every Monday for half price wines. Enjoy our ever-popular happy hour daily from 3pm to 7pm and all night on Monday and Tuesday. An eighty seat patio provides some of the best outdoor dining in the area. We truly have something for everyone and look forward to welcoming you. Cheers! Chef Geoff.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Been to this Chef Geoff's many times. Best value is on Mondays when it is Happy Hour all night..meaning 1/2 price bottles of wine and a Happy Hour menu. One comment, however, is that they need to change their menu more often. HH menu is just burgers and pizza...but they don't even have chicken sandwich on the HH menu. Good bar scene after work but cleans out later in the night.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I happened to be running an errand in Tyson's Corner on Sunday morning, and I figured that brunch at Chef Geoff's might be good time-saving option. I was correct on that count, but even I have to admit that the quality of the brunch food was pretty unforgettable. We had previously been for dinner at the Chef Geoff's location in northwest DC, and whereas I had had a favorable experience, my wife had been less than impressed by the quality of their dishes.

The hostess seated us in a comfortable booth. Items on the brunch menu looked better than what was eventually delivered. Our waiter took our orders, brought us our complimentary drinks and biscuits, but did little else worthy of special recognition. Service seemed slow which during a busy brunch time would have been understandable, but with tables at half full or less, I am not sure where the time went. Both of us ordered sandwiches. We received plenty of food for our buck, but sadly the quality was not there. And similar to our previous experience at the DC location, all of the food tasted heavy (partly due to quantity but also in part due to choice in ingredients).

I must have had a higher expectation going in, because I came away somewhat disappointed. Having said that, if you go in expecting something on par with, say, the Cheesecake Factory or Cafe De Luxe, Chef Geoff's might be right up your alley. The restaurant is nice, perhaps even classy by some standards, so it might also be good for a business lunch in the area (if "impressing someone" is a low priority). I felt genuinely bad for a large group of foreign tourists who had come for brunch there as well. Any establishment that offers valet parking should be able to deliver more quality at the table, too.

1  Thank Markus1995
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Favorite spot for meeting friends (very busy fun bar scene) and dinner. Food is excellent - wide variety of choices - and all of it is delicious.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Every couple of months I have to dine here whether as a couple, with family or even a small group of friends. I always like sitting in the bar area because they have a healthy HH hour menu and reduced prices. HH ends at 7 PM but is all day and night in the bar on Mondays and Tuesdays I believe. I hardly ever have trouble spotting a table or booth in the bar. I love the straight-up EVOO pizza. The drink selection is pretty decent as well. I always receive fast, friendly service. The staff does not hover or pressure you. I've been coming to this location since they opened 3 or 4 years ago. Parking is getting more difficult however $3 valet may turn out to be worth it since that parking lot is becoming a bit unpredictable.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary. We wanted an atmosphere that felt special -- adults (not families with kids) wearing nice clothes (not shorts and ball caps). Chef Geoff's was just right. The restaurant has several dining areas, so we requested one that was farther from the bar. (The bar area was quite loud.) The tables are spaced well apart. Even in the quieter area, people were laughing and talking very loudly - that might have been due to it being Friday night at 7:30 pm. Our waiter was attentive without being annoying. He answered our questions well, was pleasant, but didn't interrupt our conversation. The menu is varied with appetizers, salads, sandwiches, and entrees. The dishes are mainly American, but also show influences from the mid-East and Asia. There were not many vegetarian options. We loved our meals. The ingredients were fresh and everything was prepared very well. The portion sizes were just right to enjoy an appetizer and entrée (and a dessert of truffles to take home for later).